Can't wait to get out of here.........and to OKW

ncligs

Registered
Right now in Ohio it is 6 degrees
kyleico.gif
so the countdown has started 39 hours to OKW and the temperature there for this weekend is supposed to be(link to Orlando weather below) http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USFL0372 warm 77-81 degrees
biggthumpup.gif
We did request 11 months out for 1BR,top floor,Bldgs 11-14, non-
smokin.gif
. So I will see how check- in goes with the requests at the 11 month window. Since we are checking in on Friday I think we have a very good chance to get most of our requests, especially since we land at MCO at 11:00 am.
We plan on going to Pleasure Island
rock_band.gif
a few nights besides Universal on Saturday, and DW+ DD(16) and niece(15) will go to MGM one of the days.We will be at OKW for 6 nights
smilie_bett.gif
.But my favorite part is just getting out of the "cold" of Ohio.
smile206.gif

Nick,
Lucky you!! I am so totally jealous! I'm from Michigan at the lakeshore, and we are a balmy 9 degrees, but we have gotten nearly two feet of snow in the last week and a half! I don't think there is even a sun anymore. I haven't seen sunshine since last Christmas--at Disney, of course, the midwest was already in its winter cloudines by then!

Oh, gosh, enjoy that vacation for the rest of us back home:bounce:

By the way, I called about 100 pts at OKW that I am on the waitlist for, but my guide was on vacation, too, so now I'm REALLY depressed!;)

Hi-- we may be neighbors! I requested the first floor bldgs11-14 at OKW starting Sunday. I've got my lime green ribbon, so please say hi if you see us! It hasn't been much of a picnic up here in Massachusetts this winter, either. We'll be the ones with the cute little 6 yr old in the wheelchair-- he's been singing "It's a small world" all week! Stay warm!

We'll be checking in to the Beach Club Villas tomorrow for 4 nights, then on to Boardwalk for 5 nights! See you there!

Originally posted by roadtripper
It hasn't been much of a picnic up here in Massachusetts this winter, either.

No....definitely NO picnics in 20 degree weather...brrrrr!!!!!

Have a wonderful time ncligs!!!!!! I'll miss your smilies, but I'm happy for you!

I'm still in detox from my January trip, and it's still not out of my system. Man these WDWithdawals are a bummer!!!!:(

Have a WONDERful and MAGICal trip back "HOME" to OKW!!! I wish it was me going, we are expecting three winter storms from Friday night through Monday morning. The one good thing is, I have a 4 day weekend!!! :D

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Cruelladeville
By the way, I called about 100 pts at OKW that I am on the waitlist for, but my guide was on vacation, too, so now I'm REALLY depressed!;)

Cruelladeville,
I will keep my fingers crossed for your OKW add-on.
awink.gif
Doesn't the Ohio and Mich weather really suck!
angryfire.gif

roadtripper and Stinson,
Have a safe trip to Orlando.I will keep my eyes open
eek.gif
for you guys.

anniet and Verandah Man,
"Thanks" for the well wishes!Talk to you when we get back.
walksmil.gif

Oh, I'm so envious! We've only been back a little over a month and it seems like forever!

Soak up some of that warmth and bring it back to your fellow Ohioans. ;)

Have a great trip!

have fun nick . we were there in jan when it was cold...no sweatshirts for your trip...:smooth: ..dave

Nick Hope you have a wonderful stay. Have fun. :)

Have a great trip Nick! I love going to disney in February. After this winter I don't think I am going to complain when it gets hot this summer. Dh is on a business trip in Palm Beach right now and I am so jealous. Talk to you when you return. :wave:

Nick and Cindy...you guys need to do what my DH and I did last year.....MOVE SOUTH!!! We both grew up and lived in the Cleveland area until we were both 36 years old. Last year we could not take that weather anymore so we moved the family to Charlotte. Now we see sunshine year round!! What a difference. I will never go back to Ohio. Also , we are only 4 hours to HH and 8 to WDW. An easy drive compared to Ohio. Just my suggestion! LOL!!

I'm so jealous. We are back 3 weeks and I still wake up surprised that we are not at WDW. I keep checking airfares hoping I'll find one DH can't resist and I'll call MS and get a 1BR anywhere and we will take off. Then I wake up.
Have a great trip.

Originally posted by disneydawn
Nick and Cindy...you guys need to do what my DH and I did last year.....MOVE SOUTH!!! We both grew up and lived in the Cleveland area until we were both 36 years old. Last year we could not take that weather anymore so we moved the family to Charlotte. Now we see sunshine year round!! What a difference. I will never go back to Ohio. Also , we are only 4 hours to HH and 8 to WDW. An easy drive compared to Ohio. Just my suggestion! LOL!!

Dineydawn,
You must be readng "our minds", we plan on moving in 4 1/2 years after we both retire(from GM-Nick Teacher-Cindy). We will be 51 and still young enough to enjoy the "sunshine". We just are not sure about where yet, but we have narrowed it down to Florida,North Carolina,and Phoenix,Az.
So until then we have to put up with the Ohio weather
stanico.gif
for 4 more years.
crap.gif

Nick,
Have a WONDERFUL time and enjoy the weather. It is currently 14 degrees here in sunny CT. I will miss you. ;)

We'll see you there! We check into OKW on Sunday. Going to look for some lime green ribbon right now.

DisneyHumbug,roadtripper, and stinson
You won't ever catch
smily012.gif
me wearing a "lime green ribbon", but I will be wearing my "Ohio St " shirts.
biggthumpup.gif

Gail,
Make sure all the smoking
kiffer77.gif
debates are put on "hold" until I get back.;)

Nanjo,Credit Man,Mike(Madcoco) Rob&Jan,nisiemouse,nydizfan and fellow buckeye(scootersmom) thanks for the "well wishes" it is appreciated :D

Anniet, sent you a PM.......but your mailbox is full.
nixweiss.gif

Now it is only 13 hours until our plane leaves, I guess I should start packing.....I hear my DW calling me
director.gif

Until we get back............
wavey.gif

Make sure all the smoking debates are put on "hold" until I get back.

You got it!!!

BTW, Dee always waits till about 2 hours before we leave to pack, it only takes him about 15 mins. He never forgets anything either. Amazes me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter