Can't stop, won't stop- updated 9/1 Complete!

Quick question about our upcoming trip. We are trying to go to places we haven’t been yet. We are thinking about Tiffins. Getting to and into AK is such a trek but if Tiffins is worth it we will do it. Any opinions? If there are other places recommended please let me know. Thanks!

Some rides make me slightly queasy and I've found that beer and greasy egg rolls make me feel better. 👍 😬
I am exactly the same way. Having something in your stomach seems to be the exact wrong thing to do but works for me!

Lobster Tail with Meyer Lemon Emulsion and Grilled Lemon

IMG_5718.jpg
I so sucked at flower and garden this year. I only had a few things and totally missed that they were serving lobster tail!

Quick question about our upcoming trip. We are trying to go to places we haven’t been yet. We are thinking about Tiffins. Getting to and into AK is such a trek but if Tiffins is worth it we will do it. Any opinions? If there are other places recommended please let me know. Thanks!
We used to really like Tiffins, but the last few trips have been disappointed for us. It seems they are trying to draw in more people and changing the food to fit the palates of the masses. Its still good, but not as good as it was at the beginning. You can order their appetizers at Nomads lounge which is a fun way to try it without going all in.

Not sure where else you have/haven't been, but Jiko and Sanaa are always at the top of our lists. I'd also consider Jaleo in Disney Springs. We have one here in DC and its always great and fun to share all the tapas.

We enjoyed a Black and Tan or a Half and Half.
The pub is always a madhouse when we drop in. We love The Blacksmith, which is Smithwick's and Guinness. We have a local pub in Tx, run by an Englishman, that serves it. Soooo good!

I am exactly the same way. Having something in your stomach seems to be the exact wrong thing to do but works for me!

I so sucked at flower and garden this year. I only had a few things and totally missed that they were serving lobster tail!

We used to really like Tiffins, but the last few trips have been disappointed for us. It seems they are trying to draw in more people and changing the food to fit the palates of the masses. Its still good, but not as good as it was at the beginning. You can order their appetizers at Nomads lounge which is a fun way to try it without going all in.

Not sure where else you have/haven't been, but Jiko and Sanaa are always at the top of our lists. I'd also consider Jaleo in Disney Springs. We have one here in DC and its always great and fun to share all the tapas.

Jiko is our favorite and while I can’t imagine a trip without it we don’t have it planned this trip. I was thinking of Sanaa. We’ve been once for lunch and really enjoyed it. After looking at menus and talking about it I think we might try lounge hopping. Hopefully it will work out. Our list is AbracadaBar Crews Cup Lounge and Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. We’ll see!

The pub is always a madhouse when we drop in. We love The Blacksmith, which is Smithwick's and Guinness. We have a local pub in Tx, run by an Englishman, that serves it. Soooo good!

We went in a few different times this trip and it was unusually not crowded. We must have dropped in at the right time!

We got ready for dinner which was at Flying Fish for me DH and DS. The kids were going to Beaches and Cream for their first time. I had read about the Bluezoo Lounge at the Swan and really wanted to try the crab nachos. So I had this great idea of stopping there before dinner to try them and grab a drink.

IMG_5727.jpg

This was HUGE! Kind of a mistake to get these before dinner. If I knew they were so big I would not have come before going to FF. But they were delicious!

We left feeling really full as we walked over to FF for dinner. FF is on the top of our list of restaurants. We started with the pork belly appetizer which is our favorite. They split it for us in the kitchen so the picture is only showing half of it.

IMG_5728.jpg

I ordered the lobster bisque for my dinner since I was not very hungry. I enjoyed it.

IMG_5734.jpg

Both DH and DS ordered the wagyu filet. This is always delicious! This was DS's favorite meal of the trip.

IMG_5735.jpg

Even though we were so full, we decided to split the cocoa breach. This is so good. Everyone in my family loves chocolate so this really ended the meal perfectly.

IMG_5736.jpg

We met back up with the kids who unfortunately did not enjoy their first B&C experience. The girls got the grilled cheese and said it was the worst grilled cheese they ever had. I know it includes different cheeses but they usually don't mind different cheeses in their grilled cheese. Their friend got a burger and he said it was fine.

We haven't dined at Tiffins yet, but everything I have read had been positive for them and people really seem to like it. It is on our list of ones to try. Although I am not sure when we will get there. We have our dining planned out for the next couple trips! Love your dining report!

Also on the B & C, my daughter was not a fan of their grilled cheese either. She said it didn't taste quite right and that was last summer. I feel like there was something odd about, like they added something more than just a couple different cheeses.

Love the idea of grabbing an app at Blue Zoo before heading to FF. I'm a sucker for anything and everything crab so I will have to try those. Glad to hear FF was great too. That pork dish is awesome.

Joining in! Crab nachos sound great, think I could make a meal out of those.

We haven't dined at Tiffins yet, but everything I have read had been positive for them and people really seem to like it. It is on our list of ones to try. Although I am not sure when we will get there. We have our dining planned out for the next couple trips! Love your dining report!

Also on the B & C, my daughter was not a fan of their grilled cheese either. She said it didn't taste quite right and that was last summer. I feel like there was something odd about, like they added something more than just a couple different cheeses.

I actually decided yesterday to just book it. I really want to try different restaurants and this type of menu is right up our alley. First we will make a pit stop at Nomad Lounge to check it out as well. That is exactly what my girls said about the grilled cheese!

Love the idea of grabbing an app at Blue Zoo before heading to FF. I'm a sucker for anything and everything crab so I will have to try those. Glad to hear FF was great too. That pork dish is awesome.

The crab nachos were awesome and HUGE so just make sure you leave room for your dinner!

Joining in! Crab nachos sound great, think I could make a meal out of those.

Hi! Yes, you could definitely make a meal out of those nachos. The portion was massive!

Day 3- May 24

The first stop of our third day was
one of our favorite places to get breakfast. We walked down to Trattoria al Forno and were able to get a table outside on the Boardwalk. We absolutely love sitting here taking in the gorgeous atmosphere and enjoying our breakfast before we head to the parks. Everything was delicious as usual. After breakfast, we headed to HS to experience SDD for the first time which was super fun!

Tower of Pancakes

IMG_2955.jpg

Breakfast Calzone

IMG_2956.jpg

Tower of Pancakes with Strawberry Compote

IMG_2957.jpg

Choice of Two Eggs with bacon and sausage

IMG_2958.jpg

Iced coffee

IMG_4725.JPG

After HS, we ventured back over to EP to hit up F&G again!

Back to EP for more F&G! We started with a stop in France.

Fleur de Lys
Kir Framboise: Sparkling Wine and Monin Raspberry Syrup

IMG_5746.jpg

I loved this! So refreshing. I usually would get a grey goose slushie but they give me brain freeze too much making them kind of unenjoyable. :(

My husband and son, on the other hand, can't go to France without getting one.

We walked around France for a few minutes which led us into the wine shop. I had heard about the wine walk but it always slips my mind. Upon entering a lightbulb went off (there was a sign on the counter) and I signed up! My husband does not like white wine but my son does so he split the wines with me.

Aux Vins de France in France

IMG_5748.jpg

Enoteca Castello in Italy

IMG_5752.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

Weinkeller in Germany

IMG_5753.jpg

They were all good. I honestly don't remember much about them but it was really fun and I would definitely do it again just for the aspect of it. We did stop in between to the F&G booths but I wanted to post the wine walk together.

Our first booth of the day was Florida Fresh.

Spicy Blackened Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits with Brown Gravy and Local Sweet Corn Relish. This was really good. We all love cheesy grits.

IMG_5749.jpg

Arbor at the Gardens Terrace was next.

Fried Green Tomatoes with Blue Crab-fennel Salad, Remoulade, and Smoked Paprika Oil. This dish was awesome. I love anything with fried green tomatoes. It was a ton of food and it was only $6.00.

IMG_5762.jpg

Next up was something I have always wanted to try. I am so upset that there is no spicy hotdog on the F&W menus this year!

Pineapple Promenade

Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips. This was another winner! We really enjoyed it with the sweetness from the chutney to offset the slight spiciness. We also got the Pineapple Soft-serve Ice Cream with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum which was nice and refreshing.

IMG_5763.jpg

Pineapple Soft-serve Ice Cream with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum

IMG_5764.jpg

The Honey Bee-stro was our next stop. We got the Local Wildflower Honey-mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream garnished with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses and Petite Lavender Shoots. This was really good as well. The meringue kisses were my least favorite ingredient but they were not incorporated with the cheesecake or ice cream.

IMG_5765.jpg

Our last booth isn't really a booth but we found our way back in France. We again went with something I have always wanted to try, The Croque Glace at L'Artisan des Glaces. We ordered vanilla with chocolate sauce. I wanted to like this more. I found it slightly dry. Next time I will be trying a macaron ice cream sandwich.

IMG_5767.jpg IMG_5768.jpg

Our day in EP was not over yet. Up next La Cava del Tequila.

Hopping aboard a little late . Enjoying your report so far and looking forward to reading more

We have been to La Cava del Tequila before but only at the standing bar. We decided to see if there were any tables available and luckily enough we got right in. We had no problem getting in the other times this trip either. We must have lucked out with timing just like at the bar in England.

We sat down and ordered the chips with salsa, guacamole, and queso. Man the queso was awesome! I would have ordered two queso's but DH and DS wanted the other two.

IMG_5755.jpg

We came here with the intention of ordering tequila since it's a tequila bar. We do not drink tequila at home other than in a margarita so we really don't know much about it. We started off with
Casa Dragones - Top Shelf. Tequila Casa Dragones Blanco, Torres Orange Liquor, Agave Nectar, and freshly-squeezed Lime Juice served on the Rocks with Black Ant Salt Rim.

IMG_5756.jpg

This was really good. I like my margaritas on the rocks and usually don't get anything fruity so I loved this. We asked our server about the tequila flights and we decided to go with the Agave flight.

IMG_5757.jpg

We all sipped them and enjoyed them. After a day of drinking, I don't think we really could tell the difference between them! There was a lovely local couple next to us and DH started a conversation with them. DH is very personable and saw that the man's drink came with some type of insect which was crickets and jokingly (but seriously) asked if he could try one. The man was most likely startled that a stranger asked for one of his crickets but was very nice about it and I think he realized my husband's personality quickly. Right before the couple got up to leave, he offered his last cricket to DH. DH said it tasted nutty and enjoyed it very much. We knew we would have to come back another day for me and DS to get to try them. It was an awesome experience at La Cava between great snacks, drinks, and ants and crickets and it will be a must-do on all of our trips!

IMG_5760.jpg

How did I not know that they had a margarita with crickets in it!!!!! I have to try that.

How did I not know that they had a margarita with crickets in it!!!!! I have to try that.

The mans drink was definitely not a margarita. I wish I knew what it was but it came with crickets on the side. When we went the next day my son ordered a shot of tequila that was one of the ones from our flight and it also came with crickets on the side. I’ll post that picture in the next La Cava review.

Our last stop of the day in EP was Rose and Crown Pub again. We ordered the same beers we got the day before.

IMG_2991.jpg

We headed back to relax before our dinner at our favorite restaurant- Jiko! We arrived at AKL and sat at Victoria Falls Lounge for a before-dinner drink. We absolutely love this resort! It is so beautiful!

One thing we love about Jiko is that it truly feels like a signature restaurant. We were given warm towels to use for our hands and some type of delicious tea to start off our meal. I have yet been given the same treatment at any other signature restaurant (not including V&A). We ordered our favorite wine to start off the night- Rustenberg Stellenbosch John X Merriman 2013. If anyone is looking for a smooth bold red wine this is fantastic!

We started off our dinner with the delicious rolls and perfect consistency butter. We got three appetizers which were the Elk Confit Flatbread, Inguday Tibs in Brik and Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin. The flatbread and tibs are my favorites but all three dishes were delicious!

IMG_5775.jpg IMG_5776.jpg IMG_5777.jpg IMG_5778.jpg

We were next given a palate cleanser which was some type of sorbet.

IMG_5779.jpg

We all ended up ordering the filet with mac and cheese. This is one of our favorite dishes. DH gets it every time we come; I sometimes switch it up. We were all extremely happy with our meals. We decided to split a dessert which was the Safari Sunset as we were all quite full. We were also given some balls (🤣) but I can't remember what they were! But both were excellent. DS also ordered a coffee- Keoke Coffe brandy, kahlua, dark creme de cacao, and coffee topped with whipped cream.

IMG_5780.jpg IMG_5781.jpg IMG_5782.jpg IMG_5783.jpg

Again Jiko was a fantastic meal! I honestly don't think we can take a trip without including it. I had originally not booked it for our October trip but I moved a few things around so DH and I will be going on our first night. Only 70 more days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter