Can't keep us away! SF 2-1-22 - 2-8-22

LisaDougKaylee

Earning My Ears
Well, here goes! My first trip report. Hope it's as enjoyable as the ones I've been reading over the years. We started on disboards as a Disney family. I'm happy to report as of *about* 6 yrs ago (I think) we officially became Universal converts. All thanks to my cousin and his wife!!! DH and I joined them on their trip that year and it was fabulous! So much less stress. We didn't cross paths with nearly the amount of entitled guests as we did at that other place. We were hooked!

We've made multiple trips a year since then...off course there was the covid break. This is our 2nd trip since the forced hiatus. We last visited in Oct 2021.

This trip came about when DH learned he had vacation time he would lose if not used by mid-february. We took a family vacation over the summer to the beach. He and I had that Oct 2021 trip. He took days here and there for appointments and such. Who knew he still had 12 days remaining! So what to do. DD#1 is 25 and has a trip go the mouse with friends in March. DD#2 is 14 in high school and on cheer team. She cannot miss school or cheer. What to do, what to do. Dh and I decided to forgo Xmas gifts for each other. UO here we come!

Anywho...background on us. This trip is myself, almost fully recovered from back surgery just shy of 1 year. Back itself is good to go. Cleared by MD for all activities! Woohoo!!!! Only thing holding me back is residual nerve damage affecting my right leg.. I have good and bad days but on the whole v e r y slowly improving. Much to DH's surprise this trip I broke down. Rented a scooter. Didn't do that in Oct and boy I should have!!

Now DH. Partner in crime. Thrill seeker, rum lover and foodie! Did I mention he enjoys rum? And food?

Next up...travel day.

Looking forward to reading about it, and hoping your body treats you well on your trip!

Use them or lose them vacation days, definitely help to make up your mind I'm sure. I hope you have a fabulous time. Can't wait to read all about it!

I’m in for the read :banana::banana:

Quite enjoy hearing about everyone’s experiences at the Darkside !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter