Can't get Yak & Yeti ressie

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Since we are doing an Animal Kingdom night, I was planning to eat in the park, however I noticed that ressies are really hard to get in Animal Kingdom now. (We are going the last week of August this summer.) Rainforest Café didn't have anything, I figured we would try Yak & Yeti but they also have no dinner availability. I'm guessing with the new rides AK has more people eating dinner there than usual. I know Yak and Yeti has a counter service, but i'm wondering if it is as good as the main restaurant?

Sign up for a Landry's Select Club and you don't need a reservation. You just show the card (or your account on the app) and you get priority seating. Last time I went we waited maybe 10 minutes and there were a LOT of people there.

It's $25 but you get $25 rewards (to use in the restaurant) at registration, so it's essentially free. You get another $25 each year on your birthday month.

The $25 birthday credit is good for the entire month of your birthday and the first 15 days of the following month. Keep that in mind when you sign up.

No one is going to ask for proof of your birthday so adjust the date you give them to coincide with the months you are most likely to visit Disney.

Last edited:
The Landry's Club is great! We use it every time we go.

But, if you would prefer to just have an ADR, they don't release very many of their ADR's to Disney, so you would need to call them directly.
Tel 407-824-9384 they should have plenty of times to choose from.

I also recommend the Landry's option. I used my card last time during the lunch rush, we had about a 10 minute wait and we were in. I think they probably hold a few tables for members. There's a handful of other Landry's owned places throughout Disney, so it is a handy thing to have.

That said, and knowing that the crowd situation has changed with Pandora's presence so this may no longer be a valid statement when I go back, I've never had an issue with getting a walk-up for Yak & Yeti. Good thing, because it's my favorite place there.

We try to eat at Yak & Yeti every time we are at Disney. My experience has been that when the park hours get extended the non Disney restaurants don't add more slots to the system, always seems to be problem here.

Either make a reservation in person (we usually have a couple of AK days in our schedule now so we've stopped by a few days before we want a res), get the Landry's card that the OPs have recommended, or call the restaurant directly.

I can hardly to go there in September. I'll have my birthday credit plus some gift cards. I figure we'll have an early dinner there and go see Rivers of Light afterward.

I am most looking forward to ordering the dragon roll again. I loved the fresh garlic naan that came with the chicken tikka masala, but I may try another entree. And this time, I am going to save room for the fried wonton dessert.

To answer your question, the QS location is not as good as the TS part but, that being said, it is very good QS and has a varied menu with some Asian influenced items as well as some normal stuff (which my DS likes). We used to eat there every time we went to AK. If you can't get a table it's a good alternative.

We've used the Landry card for TRex but this year we're also going to try Yak and Yeti for the first time. I'm excited.

Keep trying for the ADR (I like concrete plans) but that Landry Select Club is great!

Sign up for a Landry's Select Club and you don't need a reservation. You just show the card (or your account on the app) and you get priority seating. Last time I went we waited maybe 10 minutes and there were a LOT of people there.

It's $25 but you get $25 rewards (to use in the restaurant) at registration, so it's essentially free. You get another $25 each year on your birthday month.

The $25 birthday credit is good for the entire month of your birthday and the first 15 days of the following month. Keep that in mind when you sign up.

No one is going to ask for proof of you birthday so adjust the date you give them to coincide with the months you are most likely to visit Disney.

I was not aware of this rewards card until reading this thread so thank you all PPs for this tip and sorry to OP for hijacking thread to ask about this. But we have never tried Y&Y and are planning on doing so during our trip at end of August and my real BDay is beginning of August. If I sign up now and hold on to that initial sign up credit, then get the $25 Bday credit in early Aug, I can use all $50 in credit towards the check when we dine at end of Aug?

I was not aware of this rewards card until reading this thread so thank you all PPs for this tip and sorry to OP for hijacking thread to ask about this. But we have never tried Y&Y and are planning on doing so during our trip at end of August and my real BDay is beginning of August. If I sign up now and hold on to that initial sign up credit, then get the $25 Bday credit in early Aug, I can use all $50 in credit towards the check when we dine at end of Aug?

You sure can!

As @momto4obkids posted, yes you can.

My birthday is in September. I signed up for the Landry Select Club last summer and got my card in the mail soon after.

We went to Yak & Yeti in the middle of a huge thunderstorm last October. I showed my card and we were seated in about 10 minutes. No need to bother with the hassle of an ADR.

I gave the card to my waiter when I asked for the check, and $50 was deducted from the bill--$25 for the welcome reward (that you do pay for when you sign up) and $25 for my birthday.

When we settled the bill, a manager brought the change back, shook my hand and asked how everything was. She was very cordial and very professional.

I just got an Email from Landry's about their 4th of July specials at their local restaurants. The Oceannaire has 3 course dinner for 2 that includes a bottle of wine for $60. We may just take them up on it since it's good 7/1 thru 7/8. IDK if you have to be a member to get it, but I wouldn't know about it without the Email.

Here's a recent example for the OP. We were at Animal Kingdom last Saturday and had no reservation for lunch. We walked in Yak & Yeti at noon and my husband put our name down and was told there would be a 45 minute wait. I went back to the check in area and let them know that we were Landry's members and we were seated at the next available table. So even without the $25 sign up perk, being a Landry's member is the way to go! Also, Yak & Yeti is our absolute favorite restaurant in all of WDW.

If it's not Disney owned (like a Landry's restaurant) you can also try using Open Table to book a reservation. We did that with Raglan Road a couple years back.

We didn't absolutely love Yak and Yeti, but we did love being able to walk into a crowded restaurant in the pouring rain and have a table in 5 minutes. Landry's Club is the way to go. Then you don't need an ADR.

Just signed up! Thanks for the tip! We are going to AK for 3 days in August (which just so happens to be my birthday month! Ahem. Cough cough. :rolleyes1) so kinda excited to eat Y&Y on a whim. Our trips are usually whim-free.

We're heading back to WDW at the end of July and today I had no trouble getting a reservation for Y&Y...but this Landry Select Club is news to me. I think Iam going to sign up.Thanks for the heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!