Can't find my thread or Duplicate Thread error: PLEASE READ FIRST POST FOR A FIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine started today. I can post to a thread that is already there but can't make a new thread.

Here's an amusing feature: I *did* read the first post on the thread for
a fix, and I *was* able to post using a short title. In fact, I simply
called it "short title" or something similar.

But now that I have edited the title, the "similar threads" at the bottom
of the thread are related to the *original* fake title, instead of the
new correct title. Since I originally called it "short title," I now have
"similar" threads being about "short sleeved shirts," "car titles," and
other unrelated topics!

Anyway, the work-around was very helpful. Thanks!

This has happened to me once yesterday and once today. If it happens again, I will try what is suggested in post #1.

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. Keep getting a message that it is a duplicate post. This has been happening for the past 3-4 days. I tried deleting cookies and that didn't help.

ETA: I was able to post finally with the one word title.

Now I am having problems too.
OK, tried the shorter title and then went back and edited it. It worked this time. Thanks!
DJ

westjones said:
Now I am having problems too.
OK, tried the shorter title and then went back and edited it. It worked this time. Thanks!
DJ

Same with me. The "fix" worked.

having the same problem

will try to be brief yet not too cryptic...

Had been having the same problem....shorter title got me through. But what was bouncing was just a 25 character title (including spaces) - went to 10 and it worked but I think that limits how descriptive the title can be.

I thought I tried everything and that is the only thing that worked. Cleared cookies from the link in the FAQ, cleared cookies manually, cleared the history, rebooted, used another computer, created a new registration - nothing.

Greg

The solution on the first post should work: create the post with a very short title.

Once it's posted, you can edit the post to lengthen the title if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter