Can't Decide - Chefs de France or Tutto Italia

obithar2

Earning My Ears
So, my husband surprised me and booked a trip to the world for my 40th birthday:cool1:. For my birthday dinner, I just can't decide between Chefs or Tutto Italia. We are travelling with our kids (13 and 10) and will also be eating at Chef Mickeys, Hoop de doo, and Teppan Edo. I have always wanted to eat at Chefs but now hearing the great reviews of Tutto, I would really like to try it. I probably like Italian food more, but just not sure. Any suggestions?

We ate at both on our Jan trip. Chefs was my last choice and I was most looking forward to Tutto. I was totally surprised. Tutto was my 2nd to last favorite meal all week (1900 Park Fare won that award). Chefs was my absolute favorite!

The service at Tutto is unbelievably rushed. We got our entrees literally 5 minutes after we ordered. We were done completely in 30 min. Our waitress was also not very friendly. The food for us was eh. I've heard really good things about the meat dishes, but we both ordered pasta and were not pleased. My dish was not at all balanced with flavors.

Chefs on the other hand was completely different. Every course was delicious, even for people (like me!) who didn't think they liked French food. The atmosphere, while a little noisy, is so relaxed. Our waitress was wonderful, so kind and helpful. We never felt rushed, we had a very relaxing meal. We also had a wonderful seat for Illuminations. We were seated in the front of the restaurant. When Illuminations started, they dimmed the lights and the restaurant went quiet. Our 7:50pm ADR time was perfect. We got our dessert just as the show started. It really was a perfect meal and the favorite from all 6 of us on our trip!

That is so hard! I ate lunch at both the other day and dinner at both before, love both....I guess I would say Chefs

I personally would go with Chefs, we had an AMAZING dinner there recently.. but i haven't been to Tutto. I have heard they have awesome food but that they can rush you through your meal. I would glance over the menus and pick whichever seems to appeal to you more.. and have a great trip!

Here is another vote for Chefs de France. We loved our meal there! :thumbsup2 Even my DH and DS15 found something they liked and that is not easy. :rotfl:

I am going to go against the grain and say Tutto. We ate at both on our recent trip. We loved Tutto so much that we cancelled an ADR and at there for a second time. Both times, our waiter and service was perfect. We were not rushed at either meal. My husband is not even a big Italian food fan but he enjoyed it. Chefs was fine, but we enjoyed Tutto more. I had farfalle (which was similar to the Bucatini Gratinati listed on allears) and my husband had a pasta with Italian sausage. The dessert was wonderful. It had nectarines and mango sorbet. The menu is a bit different than the one posted online.

We haven't tried Tutto but we love Chefs and eat there every trip. Especially fun if you can speak a bit of French with the waiters. Luckily my kids take care of that part for us.

Wow, guys! I'm not sure this is helping except to make me wonder how I can fit them both in!! Thanks for all the replies! By the way, does anyone know what the French dinner is like at Chefs now? Are there more choices than just the chicken shown on Allears?

We've been to both for dinner and definitely prefer Chefs. Our experience was very similar to Shleedogg. The servers at Tutto were rushed and impersonal and the servers that we had at Chefs (Julie) was a real sweetheart and an excellent server. It was interesting because I expected it to be the other way around. We also preferred the food at Chefs which is also surprising because I love Italian food. Like Shleedogg, we ordered pasta dishes and weren't impressed.

Although i love Tutto's and go every year...I'd chose Chefs (which I also go to every year)

We did both chefs and tutto on our trip and I have to say Tutto won hands down, of course, our experience was a little bit colored by a really bad experience with DH food. Contrary to what a pp said we actually had the reverse experience - our waitress at chefs was rude, barely spoke english, and our meal rushed while at Tutto the waiter was excellent, spoke very good english (and 5 other languages!) and the meal not at all rushed. I'm unsure if we would ever eat at Chefs again, but definitely would eat at Tutto again.

To your other question, yes, the French menu does include more than chicken, there were four choices of entree, three of dessert and three appetizers (two soups and 1 salad) but take my advice - avoid the salmon.

I really loved Chef's (except for the bread). Our waiter was excellent and the food was really good too. It's also a very pretty restaurant.

One thing that impressed me was that even though they obviously serve a lot of people everyday, the food tasted more like food made in smaller batches, almost like something you'd get in the house of a really good home cook. We were there on a Friday night and I didn't feel rushed. It was just a nice meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter