Candles!

WDWfan uk

<font color=red>.... but you can call me Shirley :
..... there are dedicated shops selling nothing but, and even supermarkets are selling a variety! Are you into burning candles? What type and what fragrance do you like?
I just love a room lit only by candlelight and the smell of vanilla candles.
The fire risk does worry me though so it's not something I would do unless there's an adult constantly present in the room.
On Christmas Eve I just have to have candlelight with only the Christmas tree lights on..... what about you?

( As I wrote this I got a great sense of deja vu - we've done this one before I realise!! But I can't remember what you wrote, so tell us all again :D !)

I have a terrible fear of fire Shirley so I never usually have candles lit, can't even light matches I'm afraid. I do love the smell of vanilla candles though, and we had some cranberry ones recently at my parents that were nice.

Oh yes, I love candles! I have them everywhere - the mantlepiece (7), the grate (3), the dining room, the bathroom. Like you, Shirley I love to have a room lit at Christmas with just candles and the tree lights.

I like the christmassy fragrances - orangey/cinnamon. I always light them when we're in the lounge or dining room in the evenings.

I like garden candles too. We have garden lights, twinkling lights amongst the roses, parasol lights, but I still light candles as well! I like those tall ones that you stick in the borders.

Actually, the ones on the mantlepiece drip onto the grate and splash everything within a 3 feet radius. Does anyone have any tips to stop them doing it? Dh gets stressed when I light them, but they look so pretty relected in the mirror over the mantlepiece.

I love candles :D Have them everywhere..........Also have oil burners.

Kaylee:D

I have both Candles and oil burners everywhere. I love them. I have a nice collection of scented candles, I just love chocolate scented ones. Lovely if you burn them at the same time as coconut or vanilla.

Yep, I'm another candle fanatic. I have them in practically every room. Like you Debbie I have them all over my fireplace as well. On the mantlepiece I tend to use ones that are in glass containers to stop them going everywhere. M&S do some really pretty smelly ones in lightly coloured peach and pink glass jars and they smell lovely and look pretty in the mirror! I haven't worked out how to stop the bigger ones dripping on to my grate though but a little mess is worth it.

There's nothing more relaxing than having a long soak in a hot scented bath by candlelight!

Annmarie

Another lover of candles here, my absolute favourite is Lavender :D

I don't light them that often thought, I always worry about the children knocking them over or something, definitely an 'after kids bedtime' treat! :D

Another Candle Fan here, i have them very relaxing around the house - Love the American brand Yankee Candles there smell delicious!!!!!!!

Today i went to a store here in Alderney where they sell household stuff and bought two smelly candles one is seashore and summer melon by a brand called Old Colony. Can't wait to try them out.

Eda

Wow, Eda, great to see that smiling clipart in your signature. I missed waking up to that pretty picture several mornings a week on the US CB.

I really enjoy the scent from the Yankee Candle line, some are so relaxing. Storm Watch is one of my favorites. I use the tarts mostly, rather than candles with wicks. Do you folks have Yankee Candle in the UK, or would that be a no-no, LOL?

I love candles and even have them burning in my office, the fragrance ones really help to de-stress me :)

I have them burning in the house too - all different sorts but I do like the Cathedral ones with three or four wicks in.

I dont recall seeing a Yankee Candle shop anywhere - but do visit the Wax Lyrical Shop at Lakeside quite often :)

Firstly thank you Dan for your lovely compliment!!!

Yankee Candles are really lovely i bought a Key Lime Pie one and it smells SOOOOOOO Lovely.

I happened to find a small range in a florist here in Alderney, i was really surpried considering that we have very limited shops here. From what i have heard from our US friends i just had to try one and they are really great. When i move back to London i will keep an eye out for them.

If not i have to try and bring some over next time we are in Florida.

Eda

DW bought 8 sampler Yankee candles at a Yankee Candle store at Pointe Orlando. There were some really nice scents (in MY suitcase when I opened it today). LOL!!

jj......

:D

We LOVE candles - floating ones, tea lights and even bought DDs a "Forever Friends" candle kit for Christmas.

Now....I have a funny but true story!

My old boss was having a party and they decided to light the whole house with candles.

My boss then bent down to change the CD and WOOOOOF - his hair caught fire!

I dashed over...put my drink down...and thrashed him about the head to put the fire out....didn't want to waste any beer!

He spun around wondering what I was trying to do by beating him about the head...

....he hadn't noticed that he was on fire!

But oh!....what a stink of burning hair!- Pooh!

I don't think he ever believed me though.

Ooooops!

Using DWs logon again!

:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!