• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional Dinner Package 2003

diznee25

Disney all the time
How far in advance can I purchase the CP dinner package for Dec. 2003? Never experienced CP before so any replys would be appreciated!

Diznee25

I think packages started booking in mid-September for 2002. This was our first CP, it was beautiful.

mid-september does sound right. maybe even a little earlier than that. it is a wonderful experience; this was our fourth time to see it. can't wait to see it again.:p

I made mine on 8/28, which was about a week after they started accepting them.

They usually start selling them by mid-September. However, the celebrity narrators aren't announce until mid-October to early-November. I usually wait to see who the narrators are going to be before booking my package in case there is someone I have to see.

Karen

I meant to do our CP when they came out but other factors and my anxiety over whether or not we should get a babysitter for my niece kept me from doing so until late November. We were lucky and able to get our first choice restaurant on 12/12 at the time we wanted. I won't be waiting that late again this year but unless you have a big party I don't think you have to get the CP as soon as it comes out.

You have the option to cancel or change the reservation up to 48 hours before the show. So it doesn't hurt to reserve early and then change it if there's a different narrator you want to see. You may want to watch the weather too, on 2 nights of our Dec 6 to 13 trip last month it poured buckets in the evening. Luckily it wasn't the night we had the CP package.

Thanks for the replys everyone! The CP package sounds great, the only drawback is if the show is canceled do to weather, I hear they don't give refunds:( Hopefully I'll pick a night where it's not pouring down rain!

Thanks again,
Diznee25

We went this past Dec. 1st time to CP and did the dinner package. Loved it and cant wait too see next Dec. We booked about 5 weeks before with no problem. My understanding is that weather doesnt affect whether show is cancelled or not. It was pouring BUCKETS, CATS AND DOGS kind of rain the night before and we understood that the show went on. With package you can get real close to stage so all of that area is covered.

Here's a question. Do the package prices vary depending on the restaurant? The only restaurant I priced was Norway, as that is one of our Favorites, but it is normally a slightly less expensive meal comparing menus to menus, since it is a buffet. (Actually, we'll probably do Norway again, but I was just curious).

Yes, there are different prices depending on the restaurant:

http://wdwig.com/h_cpfaq.htm

Shows are sometimes cancelled if there is lightning, Christmas Eve 8:15 was cancelled. I thought someone said they were offered tickets to see the show another night.

Not all package seats are undercover, depending on how many people book the particular night. We went on Dec 8 with the package and we were in the second section, not undercover.

Do the different prices just affect where you can eat? Or does it also affect the special seating as well?

No the restaurant you pick does not affect the special seating area. If you go during the more popular times, Christmas Eve or Christmas, you may want to get on line earlier. We got on line 45 minutes before the 8:15 Christmas Eve CP and the queue was already all the way near the Japanese Pagoda.

And yes, that 8:15 show got cancelled because of the lightning and thunder. Guest services offered special seating tickets for another CP show other than the sold-out Christmas day ones.

Not all special seating area is under the cover like Debbie B said. We were also seated in the second section when we went on Dec 27th.

Have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter