Candlelight Processional 2017 Watch- updated with Narrator list as of 7/1

My opinion is your kids are too young; If you do a package you'll still need to be in your seats at least 30-45 minutes before she show starts, without a package the line outside the theater can take at least an hour. But it's Disney and you're used to waiting on lines and waiting for shows! That aside I don't think the content will be enough to keep them interested, it's basically music and a narrator.

If you go to any show other than the earliest show it will be dark and light from the ipad has the potential to affect the enjoyment of those around you. Think of someone using an ipad in a movie theater.

I'd suggest it's for kids 8 and over.

That is a good point! Thank you!

Soooooo hoping for NPH this time! We've seen Edward James Olmos and Anthony Mackie and both were great! I'd love to see Anthony Mackie again too! Excited!

Soooooo hoping for NPH this time! We've seen Edward James Olmos and Anthony Mackie and both were great! I'd love to see Anthony Mackie again too! Excited!
I think if my son got to watch Falcon as narrator, his wee little head would explode. Mine would follow shortly thereafter... :P

Has anyone brought their kids to this? Mine will be 5 and 2. I was thinking about trying for a lunch and maybe they will nap or can just unwind with the ipad. Or am I crazy?

I think it depends on the child. We took my daughter when she was only 2, but she sat through the entire performance and was fine. She also has been attending church with us since she little, and has a love of music, so she was used to the atmosphere and enjoyed it. Every child is different, and only you know how yours would react. I agree with the other poster that if you're thinking you'd need an iPad or something like it to keep them occupied, the CP is probably not going to be for them until they are older.

I would LOVE to see Edward James Olmos. I met him at a convention a couple of years ago and he was so sweet. He wrote the nicest letter for my daughter about following her dreams and staying in school, etc etc. Really amazing individual.

We are hoping for Jodi Benson when we are there. We have see her do it twice and she did a fantastic job. We also consider it a plus to have an actual christian read the story of Jesus as opposed to some of the other people that Disney have do it.

i think that is why i would like to see Steven Curtis Chapman, I know he is Christian and I think the reading might have more....feeling?... to it? I dont know the beliefs of any of the others because I don't really follow anyone, but I love Chapmans music so Im hoping we are there when/if he is!

We are planning a Dec 9-15th trip...our first time during Christmas!! I'm really hoping to do the CLP, it looks amazing!!

I would LOVE to see Edward James Olmos. I met him at a convention a couple of years ago and he was so sweet. He wrote the nicest letter for my daughter about following her dreams and staying in school, etc etc. Really amazing individual.

LOVE Edward James Olmos when I saw him years ago. We saw NPH last year, and I think Edward James Olmos was far better.

We just switched our February trip to going in December, so now waiting to see if we will be seeing this again this year!

I'm new to the forum. Can anyone clue me in on how to be notified when Candlelight dining narrators are posted, as well as dining packages open for reservations?

I'm new to the forum. Can anyone clue me in on how to be notified when Candlelight dining narrators are posted, as well as dining packages open for reservations?
You can sign up for any of the myriad of newsletters dealing with WDW, or join facebook groups, DIS has both. Usually you will start seeing posting that the rumors are out that WDW is about to make an announcement and then as soon as the announcments are made everyone will be posting it to their newsletter and/or facebook site.
Also, since you posted on this thread you should start to get notifications of new post and for sure someone will be posting any new information to this thread.
OH, and welcome!

So there are candlelight processional facebook groups? Or something else?

Well, there very may well be. I was talking about the many Disney World groups that report and talk about all the happenings at WDW. The Dis has one as do many other people, groups and organizations. You will need to do your own searching as I have heard that the Disboards don't like it when their competition gets talked about.

Last edited:
Well, there very well be. I was talking about the many Disney World groups that report and talk about all the happenings at WDW. The Dis has one as do many other people, groups and organizations. You will need to do your own searching as I have heard that the Disboards don't like it when their competition gets talked about.
I'll check it out! Thanks!

Same here...if we go by previous years, Neil Patrick Harris will be the host Nov 27 to 30...he is always at WDW at these dates (and on my B-Day on 11/29)...another host will be on Dec 1 & 2...

John
We will be there for 2 weeks, so our time frame for the CP is wide open. Is Neil P Harris the one to see? Is he a great Narrator? We'd also be interested in Steven C. Chapman, but, of course, it's all so up in the air. We are making our 180day ADRs soon and would love to have some idea . . . if we knew that Neil P Harris is def those dates, we'd at least have something great to work around. I'm sure some are more 'worth seeing' than others

We will be there for 2 weeks, so our time frame for the CP is wide open. Is Neil P Harris the one to see? Is he a great Narrator? We'd also be interested in Steven C. Chapman, but, of course, it's all so up in the air. We are making our 180 day ADRs soon and would love to have some idea . . . if we knew that Neil P Harris is def those dates, we'd at least have something great to work around. I'm sure some are more 'worth seeing' than others

You most likely won't be able to book the CP dining package at 180 days - they open up later (one year when I did it, it didn't open up until August.)

Do they announce the packages ahead of the booking date? I'll need some time for menu scouring.

You most likely won't be able to book the CP dining package at 180 days - they open up later (one year when I did it, it didn't open up until August.)

That's too bad. I would imagine that might leave limited dining options as a lot of people would have booked their ADRs before we have a chance to book the dining packages. The good restaurants and times may be all booked up.

OH . . . so when I book ADRs in a couple weeks, I DON'T book them for our EPCOT CP day? Or, should I book & change it when the pkg is released? Thanks for the info.

Is there usually a rush on booking the dining packages? I'm hoping to get Chefs de France for lunch, personally!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter