Candlelight Processional 2017 Watch- updated with Narrator list as of 7/1

Following. We are going to get some kind of Character Processional dining for December 10th.

Tried to book a character breakfast at Garden Grill for December 10th today, and apparently those are already all booked up for the 9th-14th (our park days), so now I'm worried. I'm actually a little shocked that got booked up so quickly. We also wanted to eat at Biergarten, and it's booked solid as well.
Its not booked up , they didnt open those days up yet , not until the CP dinner packages are released

already booked from Dec 19 for quite a while (coming from Aus so making the trip worthwhile). Definitely in for a processional. hopefully they have amazing hosts and I can get in to see one of them (NPH would be awesome)

Just adding to what others have said.
You are guaranteed a seat but the closer to show time the worse the seat is
I go every year using standby so I am seated fairly early, in the back rows and have gotten to see how the theater is filled.
Dinning packages take almost the entire theater, with VIP and choir directors towards the front right.
Dinning package people that arrive 10 minutes before the show have a seat but it is usually the ones behind trees (there are a lot of trees in this theater) or they have to separate, and fill in whatever is left. So don't wait too long.
You would think this would be the case but the best seat we've gotten was when our package dinner at Via Napoli went super late. We were at the very end of the package line and somehow ended up 4th row from the front and about 10 people to the right of Neil Patrick Harris. It was as amazing.

You would think this would be the case but the best seat we've gotten was when our package dinner at Via Napoli went super late. We were at the very end of the package line and somehow ended up 4th row from the front and about 10 people to the right of Neil Patrick Harris. It was as amazing.
that was luck.
That's the VIP section, not everyone that arrives late will get that spot.

that was luck.
That's the VIP section, not everyone that arrives late will get that spot.
Absolutely, I wouldn't recommend trying it. A lesson for us in making an earlier ADR; just because there SHOULD be plenty of time to make it, restaurants are so unpredictable. I think the way we got that close was due to the "everyone move towards the center" and we were the lucky fill-ins. But it was also a lesson in not giving up at Disney even whenever it seems stacked against you, there may be magic in store.

Yes, you definitely got lucky to have been chosen as one of the fill-ins for empty seats in the VIP section. Most late arriving dinner package guests will be towards the back of the theater (but in front of standby guests).

Last edited:
Going Dec 10th to 16th here. Can't wait to see the Candlelight Processional. This is our first time at Disney for Christmas time. Usually go in October.

thats odd becasue i did get a garden grille for dec 15 th[/QUOTE

Just to make you aware that getting a reservation for a meal at Garden Grille does not qualify you for special seating at the CP. You must purchase a dining package in order to get the special seating.

I'm new to this, so need a little help. I haven't been able to get several dining reservations 180 days out. Is this because they are holding them for the Candlelight packages? If so, will I have?have more luck booking dining after they release those dates? Or do I have to book a Candlelight package?

we dont like CP, never did never will, thats not why we booked our garden grille. but ty for the heads up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter