Cancelling

aaarcher86

Registered
Just wanted to verify everything before we book for next October in a few months...

If I book October 2014 with a September UY (no 2013 points involved, all 2014)... I could cancel 31+ days out and all of my points will go back into their current year to be used by the end of August 2015. OR I can bank them by the end of April 2015.

Typing that feels weird - hopefully someone understands what I'm asking lol. Basically, my DH will be trying to get into a pretty competitive program that would start in August - we won't know if he's in until July or so. If he doesn't get in or they allow some leeway we are hoping for an October 2014 trip. I just don't want to book it and possibly lose the points, but I think we'd be okay since it's so early in the UY, yes?

Just wanted to verify everything before we book for next October in a few months...

If I book October 2014 with a September UY (no 2013 points involved, all 2014)... I could cancel 31+ days out and all of my points will go back into their current year to be used by the end of August 2015. OR I can bank them by the end of April 2015.
Yes, 100% correct.

Typing that feels weird - hopefully someone understands what I'm asking lol. Basically, my DH will be trying to get into a pretty competitive program that would start in August - we won't know if he's in until July or so. If he doesn't get in or they allow some leeway we are hoping for an October 2014 trip. I just don't want to book it and possibly lose the points, but I think we'd be okay since it's so early in the UY, yes?
Good luck to your DH - hope he get in AND you get your trip!

Yes, that's right. There is no penalty for canceling 31 days out and the points stay in that use year. You could either use them until the end of your 2014 UY or bank them into 2015.

Yes, 100% correct.

Good luck to your DH - hope he get in AND you get your trip!

Awesome! Thanks! Gotta hope for the best and plan for the worst I guess, right?! Lol - fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

Yes, that's right. There is no penalty for canceling 31 days out and the points stay in that use year. You could either use them until the end of your 2014 UY or bank them into 2015.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter