Cancelling the 24th through the 1st

mouseketeer_mom

DIS Veteran
I will be cancelling our reservations for next week, the 24th through the 1st. Long story but basically DH's boss dropped the hammer on all vacations from now until the end of the year... it's been an emotionally exhausting week of waiting to find out if we could still go, breaking the bad news to our kids and the rest of our family that were traveling with us.... Just stinks

But, I hope someone here can benefit from the sudden opening!

So sorry for your disappointment. Very nice to help someone else out. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Bosses like that don't endear themselves to employees and don't earn much loyalty. Most of my bosses would give plenty of notice for us to arrange our end of year vacations unless there was some sort of perceived emergency, such as Y2K. This stinks. We will be there then...I'm retired. Sorry you won't be there.:grouphug:

Bosses like that don't endear themselves to employees and don't earn much loyalty. Most of my bosses would give plenty of notice for us to arrange our end of year vacations unless there was some sort of perceived emergency, such as Y2K. This stinks. We will be there then...I'm retired. Sorry you won't be there.:grouphug:

Yes, it's too bad, but these days most companies are not worried too much about loyalty (as in staying indefinitely) :sad2: My dh retired from a very well known computer company and was treated very well in comparison to some other companies. In the beginning, we were *family*, but toward the end they would just as soon you not stay long - there was always someone who would gladly take your place - plus the added bonus for them in not having to pay the new hires near the salary :rolleyes1 So now, even though you may not be treated with much respect - someone else is waiting *outside the door* to take your place if you don't like it. We have lots of friends/relatives who just have to *take it* because the mortgage and family need the support - again very sad!!

OP, have seen on another thread that you have been able to book at a later date - happy for you! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter