Cancelling land line, but what about fax?

LeslieG

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of cancelling my land line, because we really don't use it much, but I like the convenience of sending and receiving faxes. Is there any good option for faxing without a land line? I don't want to rely on scanning and emailing.

What are you faxing?

There are online faxing services you can use, just google them.

Why not scan and email?

I don't think scanning takes any more time than faxing. In fact, if you don't have a landline, you'll have to scan documents most of the time anyway. Google your query; you'll find lots of information.

We gave up fax at work a year ago and now just scan and email everything. We used to have a dedicated phone line for fax so giving that up in favor of email and scanning saved us money. :thumbsup2

We do not have a land line and have not had one in almost 8 years. Most documents that are requested/required by professionals are emailed these days even faxed documents are typically delivered via email. Scanning and emailing is the cheaper and more modern way :) Save your money :)

I had a RingCentral acct for four yrs. and it gave me an 800 number for incoming faxes and I could send things out as well. But I just cancelled recently because I hardly ever used it. Sending via email is just so much easier.

we scan& email everything. would love to get rid of the landline but can't bcecause of the house alarm. if there's a solution to that, no more landline.

we scan& email everything. would love to get rid of the landline but can't bcecause of the house alarm. if there's a solution to that, no more landline.

We have an alarm & it was switched to a cell phone signal (through the alarm company) when we dropped our landline

I also have a home alarm and a fax machine. I switched to Vonage many years ago. It works perfectly for me. I love it. I pay just under $17 a month. It is handy having a house phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter