Cancellation policy for medical reason?

disneymotherof3

DIS Veteran
We're leaving on Saturday to head down to Florida, but my dad has come down very sick. His doctors have put him on several medications and now they're not sure if they should go. I know that the cancellation policy states that it it's cancelled after 5 days prior, then they charge you $200 fee per package. But how is it dealt with when there is a medical condition involved? Any info would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

We booked our reservations through the CRO. Last month, 24 hours before our arrival, our little one was diagnosed with Type B Influenza (even though we all had the flu shot:sick: ) Anyway, I called CRO when we knew that we had to cancel our trip (Poly LV concierge), and they waived the cancellation fees and gave us our whole deposit back. The CM we spoke with was awesome.

Good luck to you, and I hope that your father feels better soon

With room-only, there is more flexibility. With a package, they will ask if you bought the insurance (which of course, costs $120 for 2 people and is non-refundable).

I would suggest that instead of cancelling the reservations, you call and explain your medical emergency situation and ask to reschedule your visit!

If you really need to cancel the trip totally, then I suggest if the first CM doesn't offer to give you a full refund, you ask to speak with a manager!

So sorry your Dad is ill, hope he's better real soon!

Myself and my family are still going. It's just my dad and his girlfriend that might not go. They wouldn't want to reschedule because the whole reason they were going was to be with us. And we probably won't go back for another 2 years.

If you really need to cancel the trip totally, then I suggest if the first CM doesn't offer to give you a full refund, you ask to speak with a manager!

For a package they are not required to do that, as it falls within the 5 days $200.00.

I'd call and discuss your case with Disney, and see what they say. I hope your dad feels better as well. The first imporant thing is him getting better, and hopefully you can work something out with Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter