Cancellation of one dining plan reservation?

Obriens5

Earning My Ears
Hello,
Our extended family of 10 have reservations at Wilderness Lodge for the end of this month through Disney Vacation Club. We also purchased the Dining Plan for the six adults (we are going with 4 kids under 2 yrs old!). Just found out today that my husband has an emergency work obligation and will not be able to come with us. Does anyone know if we can cancel his Dining Plan?
Thanks so much!

It will depend. If you are in your 45 days till arrival, probally not. Since you haven't arrived yet, you may possibly get some pixi dust sprinkled your way. Try calling and talking with a CM. If the answer is no, try a supervisor, by remaining nice you never know what they'll say.
BTW did you purchase trip insurance? If so, and the answer is no, then your insurance could cover this.

I'm sorry, no definate answers, but good wishes sent your way!:goodvibes

Thank you for your response! We did buy trip insurance, so hopefully we will catch a break. I will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks again!

If not, I suspect that the rest of you are permitted to use his credits, since I believe they are pooled.

This is a DVC reservation, so the 45 days doesn't apply. On a DVC reservation you can remove the dining plan (or the member can - you can't do it if you are not the member) anytime up to 48 hours before arrival without penalty.
In this case because your husband is not going at all you will be removing him from the reservation.

If you are not the DVC member, ask the member whose points you are using to call DVC Member Services and remove him from the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter