Cancellation History - timeframe, day of week...

leannak

DIS Veteran
Anyone who has been following the DCL cancellations over the past months... what is the usual timeframe for cancellations - is it typically a certain # of weeks before the next upcoming cruise was to sail? Are we getting closer than usual to the next scheduled sailings? What has been the closest # of weeks/days before a cruise was scheduled?

Is there a common day of the week? Is it usually first thing in the morning that the emails come out or in the middle of the night? Do most people find out from email? Do travel agents find out first? Did you find out here or on other social media that your cruise was canceled?

I know things have been all over the board somewhat, I just think it’s interesting info and also wondering how and when the next cancellations might go.

Anyone who has been following the DCL cancellations over the past months... what is the usual timeframe for cancellations - is it typically a certain # of weeks before the next upcoming cruise was to sail? Are we getting closer than usual to the next scheduled sailings? What has been the closest # of weeks/days before a cruise was scheduled?

Is there a common day of the week? Is it usually first thing in the morning that the emails come out or in the middle of the night? Do most people find out from email? Do travel agents find out first? Did you find out here or on other social media that your cruise was canceled?

I know things have been all over the board somewhat, I just think it’s interesting info and also wondering how and when the next cancellations might go.
I've been on the DCL cancellation & rebooking merry-go-round a few times, and am eagerly awaiting my next, and final cancellation, because I'm going to just get a refund this time and walk away. What I've noticed is that cruises to be cancelled become unavailable for booking, and disappear from the DCL website. After that, it was anywhere from a day to a week until I got a cancellation email from DCL, with a separate email also coming from Costco (my travel agent). I always heard from DCL first.

I have noticed that the March cruises haven't been bookable for quite a while, yet are mostly still not cancelled. DCL is probably currently deciding how far into spring they should cancel. I have a cruise booked for April 3rd and it's still showing up on the DCL booking page, but I have absolutely no doubt that it will eventually be cancelled, too. Hopefully, they'll cancel both March and April at the same time, but at the very least, March is probably going to be cancelled some time this month.

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone had any idea if the cruises out of San Diego on the Wonder this spring might be cancelled? I know they have to cross the Panama to get to the west coast and I didn't know where the Wonder was now.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea if the cruises out of San Diego on the Wonder this spring might be cancelled? I know they have to cross the Panama to get to the west coast and I didn't know where the Wonder was now.

The Wonder is currently off the coast of FL at Cape Canaveral Anchorage.

I checked on the WB Panama Canal cruise March 2022. It shows no cruise scheduled, although we already have reservations. Haven't heard anything from DCL.

I checked on the WB Panama Canal cruise March 2022. It shows no cruise scheduled, although we already have reservations. Haven't heard anything from DCL.

The 2021 WBPC has been cancelled. The March 2022 is sold out

Well given that there isn't a Panama Canal cruise AND that its highly likely that there is no Alaska season due to Canada being closed for tourists...

I'd guess that there is 100% probability of San Diego cruises being cancelled this spring.

That being said, they probably won't cancel until AFTER PIF, as is Disney's current MO.

So they usually cancel with under 2 months to go? Has it been within one month ever?

So they usually cancel with under 2 months to go? Has it been within one month ever?
I had a cruise cancelled less than 6 weeks out. Mine wasn't the earliest cruise being cancelled in that round, so there were likely some people who were cancelled on just shy of a month out. There were probably also people in that group who were at more than 2 months out.

Last edited:
I had a cruise cancelled less than 6 weeks out. Mine wasn't the earliest cruise being cancelled in that round, so there were likely some people who were cancelled on just shy of a month out. There were probably also people in that group who were at more than 2 months out.
Wow, so it could be February before we see the next round of cancellations!?

I just do not see the fall San Diego cruises happening then either. Trying to decide to cash out on my May 5 night Wonder or take 125% if they offer it again and book a September 2021 Baja.

I just do not see the fall San Diego cruises happening then either. Trying to decide to cash out on my May 5 night Wonder or take 125% if they offer it again and book a September 2021 Baja.
When you make that decision, keep in mind how different a 2021 cruise will undoubtedly be from a pre-Covid cruise. It won't be like going back in time, to what the cruises used to be like, because Covid will probably still be an issue in the fall, and even if it's magically been vanquished, DCL will still be coping with massive money problems and there will probably be ample cutbacks to things we used to take for granted on DCL.

Not trying to depress you, but since you said you were on the fence, that's an important consideration to keep in mind when making your decision.

If Alaska doesn’t happen this summer San Diego won’t happen in the fall. The San Diego cruises aren’t lucrative enough to be worth bringing the Wonder through the canal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!