Canadians and phones in the park

Bossy22

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone. We are from Alberta and we usually just pay $15 bucks a day to use in the States per phone. We have noticed that our signal is really weak or nonexistant in the parks. I've heard somewhere that people buy a chip for their card or something to use in the states. We are going back to DL next summer and would like better reception in the park. Hear the wifi is brutal. What do you all do?

I just came back from WDW in August. I found the wifi better than ever before. I think Disney has been working on boosting connections. There were some dead spots in older areas — but I never had to walk far to get it back. I think as Disney has moved towards everything being on MDE, they’ve recognized the need to fix. The new buses have wifi as well.

As for Disneyland, their service probably isn’t as good as it tends to be a local park. :confused3

Incidentally, I have the pay as you go for US too. If you don’t plan to use it, make sure to put your phone on airplane mode & then use wifi. Otherwise you can get dinged for the daily auto pay even for a split second. I have Bell and they charge $8/day in US I think. I use it for long weekends in away cities but didn’t use it at all in WDW. Had to turn it on for my one day at Universal though. Their wifi was definitely NOT working & my driver/ husband had gone golfing. ;)

We like both Roam and Telaway to get service in Disneyland. We order either to our home in AB in advance of our trip (now we reuse our Roam SIMs) and usually switch once we board the plane in YVR to fly to SNA. Works great. If you want to forward your Canadian number do it before you take out the Canadian SIM)

We're with Fido, we pay $7 a day for unlimited state-side usage, and had 0 issues with WiFi or Data in Disney. We found the connection great in parks, in the hotel etc...

We're with Fido, we pay $7 a day for unlimited state-side usage, and had 0 issues with WiFi or Data in Disney. We found the connection great in parks, in the hotel etc...

We came back last week. Also with Fido and had the same experience. Zero issues using Wi-Fi or Data in Universal Studios, Disney, Gatorland, etc.

We have Fido too, and reception is very good because Fido roams on AT&T in Disneyland. AT&T is very good in both DL & WDW. My friend was on T-Mobile and couldn’t get reception many times.
I think AT&T is a disney preferred company.

To get a strong cellular signal you have to connect to AT&T. They have exclusivity for cell towers within WDW. All others have their cell towers outside of WDW. As such, the others signals can be spotty being ok near the edges of WDW and less reliable near the center. So, if you aren’t connected to AT&T put your cell phone on that network.

I just came back from WDW in August. I found the wifi better than ever before. I think Disney has been working on boosting connections. There were some dead spots in older areas — but I never had to walk far to get it back. I think as Disney has moved towards everything being on MDE, they’ve recognized the need to fix. The new buses have wifi as well.

That was my experience the only time I lost wifi was when I was inside a ride or in algae open are that wasn't near a building mostly in Animal kingdom

As for Disneyland, their service probably isn’t as good as it tends to be a local park. :confused3

I was in Disneyland in may and found in Disneyland park it was great however in DCA I would lose my contention a lot more especially in the paradise pier area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter