Canadian USD account & paypal account experience

lovethesun12

DIS Veteran
Hello. I have received a sum of money in USD in paypal. Is it possible to transfer to my USD account without having to convert it? I was unsuccessful at adding a USD account in paypal. Thanks in advance =)

If you can't add the account for Paypal to debit I think it's unlikely you can set it up do the reverse (credit a USD account)

Don't think you can. In the past I've sent up a US-based bank account (e.g. RBC USA) and then was able to transfer from there to my USD account in my Canadian RBC account without additional fees.

It will have to be converted to CAD unless you have a USD account linked. PayPal had high conversion fees so it would be worth opening a USD account

Don't think you can. In the past I've sent up a US-based bank account (e.g. RBC USA) and then was able to transfer from there to my USD account in my Canadian RBC account without additional fees.

I just did this very thing after renting out my DVC points. Money was in my RBC USA account within 2 days. Then you can transfer to your Canadian USD account if you'd like. If you deal with RBC or TD (maybe others, but these are the 2 I am familiar with), it would probably be worth looking into.

unfortunately i Couldn’t get a RBC account in the US that had no monthly fees. Going to keep my money in PayPal and buy Disney gift cards at Target and use those to pay my dues.
This is a good solution but did you have any issues with shipping? I remember trying to buy a sweater from there a year ago and couldn't get it to work out.

Is it true that DisneyShop will not let you pay with your US dollars in your PayPal account ?

I created a USD account with Wise (formerly known as Transferwise). Transfer my USD PayPal balance to my Wise account and then transfer it to my RBC USD account. It’s a pain in the butt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter