Canadian Trip Report on the Canadian Board

We left off with getting ready to head to Chef Mickeys. We booked this reservation right at the 180 days out mark. This is the only ADR we booked. We had the quick service plan and didn't want to have to be at a certian place at a certian time.

We took the bus from POR to the Magic Kingdom. The wait for the bus was very quick and was the same for our whole stay. From there we got on the monorail and did a loop around the track before getting off at Contemporary. We were early for our reservation like I always am for everything. So we wondered around the resort a little bit, checking out some shops and stuff.

Finally we went in and got our buzzer and got into line for our picture. After our picture it was just a short wait to our table was ready.

We were excited for this meal. Here are some pics we took of our experience here

DisneyWorld2011054.jpg

The 3 goofys, with Goofy.

DisneyWorld2011053.jpg

My fiance and DD6 with the star of the show.

DisneyWorld2011051.jpg

DisneyWorld2011049.jpg

DisneyWorld2011047.jpg

It was great having the characters come to our table. DD6 really enjoyed it, the boys didn't really care to be honest.

Now for the food....... To put it short it really wasn't very good. At least not for the price. We were quite disapointed, the only item that was really any good was the mashed potatoes, as I had read here on DIS.

We left full, but expected much better food. Our bill was $172, and I am not sure we got what we paid for. We did get pics and signatures from 5 charaters, and that is worth something. Especially with the line ups we had to see charaters the rest of the trip.

Next up------Animal Kingdom

I hear you, I was ok with CM's food, but it wasn't amazing. The characters are cool though. Great update!

We left off with getting ready to head to Chef Mickeys. ... Now for the food..... To put it short it really wasn't very good. At least not for the price. We were quite disapointed

I was also disappointed with the food at Chef Mickey's when we went. Of all the restaurants we did, it was my least favorite dinner. The kids really liked "Chef" Mickey and the other characters, so it was still a good time.

Looking forward to the next chapter of your report!

Sorry that I haven't posted an update for a while. I have not forgot about this. I have just been real busy with various things. I am going to try hard to get an update up this weekend.

Subbing! :thumbsup2

Great trip report so far, canadaman! Looking forward to reading about the remainder of your adventure.

Finally the first park day of our trip had arrived! Ever since we started planning our trip we always came back to Animal Kingdom for our first park day. I really don't know why to be honest. As the trip neared we realized it was morning EMH that day at Animal Kingdom. We were a little worried about the crowds but decided to stick to the plan.

DisneyWorld2011062.jpg

DisneyWorld2011055.jpg

I don't know what time we got there in the morning (must have been around 9:30 or so I think) but we headed straight for Expedition Everest. As we approached it there were cast members telling everyone that there were technical difficuties and that the ride was currently not operating. We were also told you could still get a fastpass though the ride may not be operating yet when your fastpass time came up. We choose to not get fastpasses then thinking we would come back later and see that it was running again.

So right off the bat our plan had gotten a wrench thrown into it. We decided then to grab a fastpass for Kali River Rapids and then head to the Safari. The line at the Safari was not to long at all, maybe 15 minutes. We really had a good time on the safari. Here are a few of the many pics we took on our ride.

DisneyWorld2011091.jpg

DisneyWorld2011087.jpg

DisneyWorld2011083.jpg

DisneyWorld2011081.jpg

DisneyWorld2011072.jpg

After this we went on a nature trail or something. Can't quite remember what it was called. This is where we got this picture

DisneyWorld2011108.jpg

The 2 turtles were trying to get to the food. It was quite amusing. The turtle on top didn't quite seem to understand that it could just go behind the other turtle to access the food. Instead he is stretching and trying to climb over the over little guy.

From there it was to Kali River Rapids to use our fastpass. It was great and we all got pretty wet. A few of the people in our raft hardly got wet at all!!

At this point the kids were starting to complain they were hungry so we started to look for a place to eat. Before the trip I had read good things about Flame Tree BBQ and wanted to try it. Unforunatly we were quite a ways from it and decided instead on Pizzafari. It was pretty good, so we were happy with our choice.

On our way back to Asia to check on Everest we stopped at it is tough to be a bug. The wait was just 5 minutes so we thought we would check it out. The first park day started to go a little sour here. 2 of the kids wanted to do it and the other one didn't. So we were basiclly like that to bad the other 2 want to so you have too! Then we had to listen to whining and what not. They did end up enjoying the show.

The whining never really went away after this, they couldn't all three agree on anything to ride, you could tell they were getting tired. As we went past everest the ride was now operating but the fastpass was now for 7-8pm. We knew we weren't going to be there that late since we had a big day the next day at Epcot. We ended up having to skip it.

They all agreed they wanted to ride the Dinosaur ride so we went to that. The line was around 30 minutes but we waited since it appeared we were pretty much done for the day. It was a good ride, the kids enjoyed it.

We had a short stop at the boneyard playground for the kids, and decided it was time to get going back to the resort. Ww planned on doing some swimming and getting to bed early for Epcot the next day. We wanted to see the fireworks at Epcot and knew we were gonna need the kids to be in good moods for the long day ahead.

We did get the kids to pose for one last picture on our way out

DisneyWorld2011138.jpg

Hi there! Just joining in on the fun! We are from Niagara Falls and are spoiled with being so close to the Buffalo Airport! Even with the 3 hour drive it is SO worth it to fly out of there...the taxes and fees in Toronto are RIDICULOUS!! Not to mention just the thought of driving there! :scared1:
Really enjoying your TR!! Keep posting!! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Thanks for sharing! I`m looking forward to seeing more. I`m from Toronto and going through Buffalo (on the same flight I think!) in October.

Enjoying the report. We almost always start our parks with AK. It is actually my kids' favourite Disney park, and it's a quicker park than the others so a good way to start breaking in the feet. There's lots to see and do, and Disney has really hit the peak of "social engineering" here.

Looking forward to your next update...:surfweb:

Love your report so far! We are also a family of five, and are headed to POR this Christmas, so I'm heavy into the planning right now!

Well finally I am getting around to another update.

After our early night to bed after our day at Animal Kingdom, we were ready for an early morning and long day at epcot.

We arrived pretty soon after opening and had our plan in place. We were gonna head to soarin, and then to Test Track, and Mission Space. After a few quick pictures around the "big golf ball" as the kids called it we were off to soarin.

DisneyWorld2011145-1.jpg

The line at soarin was not to long so we just went into the standby line. As you all know it was awsome! Everyone loved it. We were off to test track now. The line for test track was long already so we grabbed a fastpass. Mission space had a much shorter line so we did that next. DW, and DS10 didn't want to ride so it was just me and DS8 and DD6.

It was close to our fastpass time for Test Track now so we let the kids play in the little splash pad in that area and soon it was test track time. Everyone loved it. It was a little on the wild side for DW who doesn't care much for rides like that.

We did some sightseeing and then decided it was time to grab some lunch. It was a wee bit early but we would beat the crowds. We decided on Electric Umbrella. There was a decent selection here and we were happy with our meals.

I am not sure what we all did after this. I know we went to Nemo and friends, and Turtle Talk. We spent a lot of time looking at the aquariums in this area as well. I do remember that after doing this stuff we headed back to the resort for an afternoon swim and to eat supper before coming back after supper to look at world showcase and see the fireworks.

Here are a few more pics from epcot.

DisneyWorld2011147.jpg

DisneyWorld2011150.jpg

DisneyWorld2011180.jpg

We had a great time at the resort having another swim before supper in the food court. We were developing an obsession at the food court for the magic cookie bars. They were so good, it is hard to say how many of these were enjoyed by our family on the trip.

Back at Epcot were were gonna explore World Showcase, but stopped at Spaceship earth first and enjoyed it. So at World Showcase we headed towards Canada first and were amazed by the detail and the time it took to look at everything. So this was another flaw in our plan, there simply was not going to be enough time to explore the whole thing. By the time we were done looking around at Canada the sun was starting to go down. We rushed to England and thought it was beautiful, the little side streets, and pubs, made you think you were there.

By now we had to find a place for the fireworks, and ended up right near where you enter world showcase. The firework and laser show was amazing, probably the best I have ever seen, it was well worth the long day we had had but know it was time to go home. The walk out of epcot after the fireworks was so much better then we thought.

Looking back at Epcot it is disappointing we missed out on so much of world showcase, but I guess it gives reason to plan another trip.:thumbsup2 Other then that I, and everyone else enjoyed Epcot!!

On the bus ride back to the resort the kids were already talking about tomorrow. Since they found out about this trip the previous xmas they have been waiting for the Waterparks. Tomorrow we were off to Typhoon Lagoon. We were gonna sleep in and just go when we were all ready to go.

Thanks for reading everybody!!

Thanks for the update!
We also thought out 1.5 days in Epcot would be enough, but it wasn't even close to enough. We didn't even get to see 'Canada'! (I remember the "Kim Possible" activity took waaaay longer than I thought it would, so we spent a long time in Norway and never got past the first country because we had dining reservations)
I'd definately agree that seeing the rest of Epcot is a great reason to plan another trip!

Great pictures. We're all enjoying this. Please keep the updates coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter