Canadian tickets as part of a package?

CJK

DIS Veteran
If you get the Canadian discounted tickets as part of a package, do you still have to go to Guest Relations before first use to show your passports? I know you have to if you just buy the tickets separately, but wondered if you have to with packages? Thanks!

Yes you do.
We did this last year as part of a package and had to go to the ticket place before entering the park on our first day. After that is was business as usual

Reactions: CJK
Yes you do.
We did this last year as part of a package and had to go to the ticket place before entering the park on our first day. After that is was business as usual

Can the concierge of your Disney Resort enter /check your passports, instead of lining up outside the park?

Can the concierge of your Disney Resort enter /check your passports, instead of lining up outside the park?

You have to either go to a park or Disney Springs. Expect a slight delay if you activate them at the park before you enter. A slight issue if you like to be with the rope drop crowd. We usually go to Disney Springs the first day anyway. I learned that it reduces my wife's shopping in the parks so we can focus on attractions.

You have to either go to a park or Disney Springs. Expect a slight delay if you activate them at the park before you enter. A slight issue if you like to be with the rope drop crowd. We usually go to Disney Springs the first day anyway. I learned that it reduces my wife's shopping in the parks so we can focus on attractions.

We decided this year that we would bus to one of the parks (probably HS as it’s closest to our resort) on the day we arrive and just activate our tickets so we can rope drop our first day in the parks the day after

I just read a report from another thread here that says their tickets were automatically ready when they picked them up at the resort. No need to activate. So maybe the policy changed.

I just read a report from another thread here that says their tickets were automatically ready when they picked them up at the resort. No need to activate. So maybe the policy changed.

Not sure if it has changed either, but this would make sense as you have to show ID (usually my passport) at check-in anyway.

Where in Disney Springs do you go?

We plan on going to Disney Spring on our arrival day. We don't use our tickets on arrival day. We will have our passports will us. i don't want to carry our passports around the parks the next day.

Where in Disney Springs do you go?

We plan on going to Disney Spring on our arrival day. We don't use our tickets on arrival day. We will have our passports will us. i don't want to carry our passports around the parks the next day.

I think it was at the Welcoming Centre. just north of all the new mall type stores. About in the middle, south of the little water feature/creek that run into Springs.

I called and asked on Thursday and the lady said because I booked a package I did not need to activate the tickets before I can use them. She did say if I had bought the tickets separate I would still have to activate them. I really happy about that because I'd be nervous all day I'd loose the passports or that guest services would take a really long time.

Reactions: CJK
I called and asked on Thursday and the lady said because I booked a package I did not need to activate the tickets before I can use them. She did say if I had bought the tickets separate I would still have to activate them. I really happy about that because I'd be nervous all day I'd loose the passports or that guest services would take a really long time.

Phone CM are notoriously wrong half of the time so be ready to go back to your room to get your passports if she's wrong...

I went last August and booked the discounted tickets with a package and we didn't need to go to guest relations, they were already on our magic bands when we got there.

I just returned Monday. We had a package with room, dining plan and Canadian 7-day parkhopper ticket for my travel companion and I had an annual pass activated in the fall. My travel companion still had to visit guest relations to show her passport and activate the pass. It can't be done at the resort, must be at a park or Disney Springs.

I just returned Monday. We had a package with room, dining plan and Canadian 7-day parkhopper ticket for my travel companion and I had an annual pass activated in the fall. My travel companion still had to visit guest relations to show her passport and activate the pass. It can't be done at the resort, must be at a park or Disney Springs.

Sounds like you had a ticketless package - seeing as you had an annual pass you didn't need to purchase a ticket. But you can still add on the dining plan. A total Disney package, which I think the OP is referring to, all occupants of the room would purchase tickets and dining plan. I know it seems the same, but it is slightly different, where your package would be viewed as tickets added separately.

Not sure I'm explaining it right...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!