Canadian Rockies Sept 2021???

ACDSNY

Let the countdown begin!
What is anyone hearing about the Canadian Rockies ABDs for this summer? I don't have much faith it will happen so haven't set up airfare or pre-hotel stay. Trying to figure out what to do before our July PIF date.

Well, the ban against Americans traveling to Canada has been extended to May 21, 2021. Not a good sign that it was extended (but only extended by a month). The US State Department currently lists Canada as 'Level 4: Do Not Travel'.

Any of this could change at any time, but depending on *when* this summer you are talking about, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope. But who knows?

Sayhello

Are we able to move to another date before PIF? I don't want to tie up more money if it doesn't look like it's a go. I've already moved it from the Rhine River cruise.

Are we able to move to another date before PIF? I don't want to tie up more money if it doesn't look like it's a go. I've already moved it from the Rhine River cruise.
Since it’s already been moved once it might depend on the terms of your original booking, but right now the AbD website says only bookings thru July 31, 2021, can be moved -

ADVENTURE DATE CHANGE POLICY UPDATE

Guests currently booked on adventures through July 31, 2021 can change their reservation up to 65 days prior to their trip and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future adventure. Guests may select an alternative adventure and/or a new travel date for itineraries departing through December 31, 2022 by calling (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345. The credit is non-refundable and will be applied against the standard prevailing rates of the new itinerary and/or travel dates selected.

Re Final PIF date, again per the website, it looks like you willl have until late June or early July to PIF depending on your departure date, as PIF is still due 65 days in advance of departure.

As @sayhello notes, the current travel ban to Canada is through May 21, so in a couple of weeks we’ll know whether it’s being extended again and for how long. While the US seems to be moving along with vaccination rates, I’ve previously seen comments from Canada that they were a bit later getting things rolling so may not be comfortable opening things up until later in the summer. (Saw last week where the governor of Alaska went to a small border Canadian town to offer to vaccinate their people so the town could reopen on both sides to help those residents.). The border extensions seem to be being pushed out for shorter periods of time lately, so any May announcement might provide some added insights as to when things might open up again.

FINAL PAYMENT UPDATE

For existing bookings that travel through March 31, 2022, final payment will now be due 65 days prior to the adventure start date. Trips cancelled between 64-46 days prior to departure are subject to a 50% cancellation penalty; trips cancelled less than 46 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% cancellation penalty. Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures, and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this final payment policy.

Unless otherwise stated on your Guest Confirmation, the deposit payment for existing bookings will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15 or more days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation.

I'd say very little hope for a summer Cdn Rockies trip. Currently AB is experiencing some of the highest per capita case counts in the country. The travel ban is being extended month by month, but I fully expect it to be extended until at least the end of July. Currently we still have a 14 day quarantine in place, 3 days of which must be completed in a government-approved hotel.

Thanks all, I agree it's not likely going to happen. I moved it last year closer to home from the Rhine River thinking the Fall would be far enough out.🤣

Yes, I agree. I won't be happening this summer.

I have family in Alberta and they just got locked down again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts