Canadian Buffoon's Semi-EPIC Vacation - 10/29 - Link to new TR!

Do you think I'd fit that mold? What does that mold look like? Just curious.

I think I may have seen that long ago, but if you wouldn't mind posting a link, I'd either like to see it again or the first time if I remember incorrectly.

Hmm...I don't feel like I have a good read on your guac preferences! Maybe I've just lost confidence in my guac-preference-predicting abilities after this though? I could picture you liking guac, but only if it meets certain parameters in its preparation. But I'm really just guessing.

I think this may have been the link I shared. I thought I had another video with a longer clip on my own youtube channel, but now I can't seem to find it. But the carolling company I sing for is featured a couple of times in this clip:

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/video?c...pFj9DZeW2RQ3YCQlnQp3wGLp_y1hhzFhi2F_JeDoqe85A

See this is what happens when you go to Disney for 10 days.... I am way behind!

few weeks ago, Kay,
my youngest DD(18),
asked if we could go
camping for a couple days
at the lake we like to frequent.
So nice! Glad you had special time together. :) Was the lake close to Lake Winnpeg or Lake Manitoba? My cousins have a place in Gimli and it is really lovely up there, although so different from our East Coast beaches.
When we tired of paddling,
we returned the kayaks
and headed to the beach.
We swam a bit and I relaxed
in the sun and read a bit.
(Grisham, The Reckoning.
About half done.
So far, a good read.)
Sounds perfect! I have been thinking of taking kayaking lessons...it looks so fun!
Ice creamed (and perogeed) up,
we headed home.
Only in Manitoba could you get perogies at a roadside stand!

I'm not sure why, exactly. Maybe I just have some kind of a schema in my head of what a person who doesn't like guac is like, and you didn't fit that mold?
I don't like moldy guac, either.
I don't really remembering having experienced you showing a dislike for many foods, which the obvious exception of coconut.
I think food and I generally
get along fairly well.

I tend to not complain much,

and the food doesn't either.
You also tend to have good insight to offer about lots of different food/snack items, and I guess I would have expected you to have excellent advice to offer about the best way to make/eat guac, just like you would with something like corn on the cob, or poutine.
Ya wanna talk about corn?
I'll talk your ear off!

whoops! did I just say that?
Thanks! One of the few ways I've actually used my music degree for a job that makes money!
:goodvibes
I also developed a women's choir in the last year of my undergrad, and it was actually a pretty great group! But it gave me an idea of how difficult it is to achieve the level of mastery that Voices of Liberty is singing at!
I'm glad you said that.
I thought they were better
than average.

You've just confirmed that. :)

Nope. Graham crackers and chocolate, okay, but no marshmallows.
I would normally agree with you,
but... melted like that it was surprisingly good.
I'm not a marshmallow fan all that much, myself.
The problem was the sweat was gone immediately and it didn't cool at all...just dehydrated you.
Hmm...
Thinking you're still cooling yourself,
but once you're dehydrated...

Then yeah, you're in trouble.
Okay, maybe I should have said "just a hill"
Image result for king of the hill
Wait...Kay's middle name is aker?
No that's her last name.
Kay is actually her middle name.
Her first name is O
If it's a sit in kayak, just roll back over, but for sit on kayak, you're right.
It is a sit in... but no skirt.
you can't roll without one.

Okay, I'll give you that. Just remember, I gave it to you, so I have the right to take it back. ;)
Understood.
That's what fingers are for. ;)
Too messy.
Then you have to be
constantly licking your hand.
And who has time for that?

(Unless you're a cat)
Peanut island = huge is pure, unadulterated truth? Okay, so not only do you sit on a throne of lies, you're also delusional. Got it.
Finally, it's starting to sink in.
Good save.
Merely the truth.

See this is what happens when you go to Disney for 10 days.... I am way behind!
Yes, you really should not have gone.

;)

(Have fun????)
So nice! Glad you had special time together. :)
We did! :)
Was the lake close to Lake Winnpeg or Lake Manitoba? My cousins have a place in Gimli and it is really lovely up there, although so different from our East Coast beaches.
No it's not... um... depending
on your definition of "close", I guess.
They're both in Southern Manitoba.
But Gimli is an hour North of the city
and West Hawk Lake is an hour

and a half East, near the Ontario border.

gimli west hawk.jpg
Sounds perfect! I have been thinking of taking kayaking lessons...it looks so fun!
I've done that. Enjoyed it. :)
Only in Manitoba could you get perogies at a roadside stand!
Ya got that right!
And... jealous? ;)

Yes, you really should not have gone.

;)

(Have fun????)
The best time ever!!! And as a bonus, we came home yesterday to a clean and tidy house, grass cut and everyone present and accounted for. The boys did well on their own which means more travel for Mum and Dad! The intro for my TR is up and I am going to work on the first post this morning.
No it's not... um... depending
on your definition of "close", I guess.
They're both in Southern Manitoba.
But Gimli is an hour North of the city
and West Hawk Lake is an hour

and a half East, near the Ontario border.
Ok then, so close to Kenora? Lake of the Woods area?
Ya got that right!
And... jealous? ;)
Definitely!!

The best time ever!!! And as a bonus, we came home yesterday to a clean and tidy house, grass cut and everyone present and accounted for. The boys did well on their own which means more travel for Mum and Dad!
Great!! :goodvibes
The intro for my TR is up and I am going to work on the first post this morning.
Got a link?
Ok then, so close to Kenora? Lake of the Woods area?
About 45 minutes west of Kenora.
Definitely!!
Sooo good. Yum.

;)

Hmm...I don't feel like I have a good read on your guac preferences! Maybe I've just lost confidence in my guac-preference-predicting abilities after this though? I could picture you liking guac, but only if it meets certain parameters in its preparation. But I'm really just guessing.
Sorry your guac predicting abilities are shaken. I don't think you've read as much from me as from pkondz, so you probably don't have a good basis for comparison. I guess it was an unfair question on my part. Sorry

I think this may have been the link I shared. I thought I had another video with a longer clip on my own youtube channel, but now I can't seem to find it. But the carolling company I sing for is featured a couple of times in this clip:

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/video?c...pFj9DZeW2RQ3YCQlnQp3wGLp_y1hhzFhi2F_JeDoqe85A
It was good, but wish it were more.

I would normally agree with you,
but... melted like that it was surprisingly good.
I'm not a marshmallow fan all that much, myself.
As I said, rice krispie treats are about it....thinking more about it, I think that is it. Can't think of any other instance where I like marshmallows. I liked 'em as a kid, but not now.

Hmm...
Thinking you're still cooling yourself,
but once you're dehydrated...

Then yeah, you're in trouble.
I suppose theoretically, it was cooling, but having lived through it, I know a lot more people who got heat stroke and heat exhaustion and dehydration than I've ever seen in a humid climate. Personally, I never felt any benefit from sweating. I simply ended up with white (salt) deposits on my boots and uniform. Another thing (at least I've observed/felt) is here, when I sweat and the wind blows, I FEEL cooler.

No that's her last name.
Kay is actually her middle name.
Her first name is O
Okay!

It is a sit in... but no skirt.
you can't roll without one.
Sorry, my bad for not being specific...I consider the ones with the skirt sit in and the others are sit on.

Merely the truth.
I know and my comment was to mess with you...I agree Tracy looks younger than her physical years would indicate.

As I said, rice krispie treats are about it....thinking more about it, I think that is it. Can't think of any other instance where I like marshmallows. I liked 'em as a kid, but not now.
There was a dessert my mom made
(and I've made it, but not for years)
that was called Rocky Road.
It was a chocolate fudge over
graham crackers with coloured
mini-mallows mixed in and cut up
maraschino cherries on top.

That was good!
I suppose theoretically, it was cooling, but having lived through it, I know a lot more people who got heat stroke and heat exhaustion and dehydration than I've ever seen in a humid climate.
Interesting.
I wonder if because it's dry,
you sweat more (your body's
cooling mechanism) and then

dehydrate more rapidly?
Personally, I never felt any benefit from sweating. I simply ended up with white (salt) deposits on my boots and uniform. Another thing (at least I've observed/felt) is here, when I sweat and the wind blows, I FEEL cooler.
Ah! But you said the key word: "wind".
Wind will help with evaporation
and help you cool more efficiently.
;)
Sorry, my bad for not being specific...I consider the ones with the skirt sit in and the others are sit on.
So if it's a sit-in, but you don't
use the skirt... do you call that
a sit on?
Not trying to be annoying,

genuinely curious.
I know and my comment was to mess with you...I agree Tracy looks younger than her physical years would indicate.
I'm gonna stop talking
about a woman's age now.

Sorry if we embarrassed you, Tracy.

Interesting.
I wonder if because it's dry,
you sweat more (your body's
cooling mechanism) and then

dehydrate more rapidly?
Ah! But you said the key word: "wind".
Wind will help with evaporation
and help you cool more efficiently.
I don't think I've done a good job explaining.
While I know scientifically, the evaporation of the sweat is what cools you, what I observed/felt in Vegas was, the sweat was gone so fast, it didn't have any actual cooling effect, just dehydration.
I have no empirical data to prove this, just personal experience.

What I was trying to explain with the wind when I get really sweaty here is my clothes are wet also and when the wind blows, it makes the clothes behave like a cooling towel.

So if it's a sit-in, but you don't
use the skirt... do you call that
a sit on?
Not trying to be annoying,

genuinely curious.
I guess I consider it a sit in if your legs are inside the kayak body (aka with a skirt). Yes, I'd still consider it a sit in, but why one would not use the skirt is bewildering.

I think you already saw that
I posted over there.
I was going to say more,
but the DIS broke down yesterday.
Anyone else get that time out message?
I know Liesa did, since when I went to

the Tech board, she'd already complained.
Any hints on how to get it to show up without the code?
Indeed I do. :)

To get a hyperlink to look like this
type the following:

[URL='https://www.disboards.com/threads/congrats-on-not-being-sold-separately-a-20th-anniversary-trip-report.3759474/'][U]this[/U][/URL]

If you don't want the link underlined
(I usually underline it if it's just one word,
don't if it's several) do this:

[URL='https://www.disboards.com/threads/congrats-on-not-being-sold-separately-a-20th-anniversary-trip-report.3759474/']this[/URL]

I don't think I've done a good job explaining.
While I know scientifically, the evaporation of the sweat is what cools you, what I observed/felt in Vegas was, the sweat was gone so fast, it didn't have any actual cooling effect, just dehydration.
I have no empirical data to prove this, just personal experience.
Okay. We're on the same page.

I think it can be summed up
as...

Hot is Hot.
:laughing:
What I was trying to explain with the wind when I get really sweaty here is my clothes are wet also and when the wind blows, it makes the clothes behave like a cooling towel.
You should patent that!

Wait...

Actually, I wonder if that's how
the guy who came up with the

cooling tower figured it out.
I guess I consider it a sit in if your legs are inside the kayak body (aka with a skirt). Yes, I'd still consider it a sit in, but why one would not use the skirt is bewildering.
Two reasons.
In calm water, it's cooler to not
have the skirt on and
(and this is key)
the rental place doesn't have them.
(And wouldn't rent them with them
anyways since it's dangerous if you

don't know what you're doing.)

I think you already saw that
I posted over there.
I was going to say more,
but the DIS broke down yesterday.
Anyone else get that time out message?
I know Liesa did, since when I went to

the Tech board, she'd already complained.

Indeed I do. :)

To get a hyperlink to look like
this
type the following:

[URL='https://www.disboards.com/threads/congrats-on-not-being-sold-separately-a-20th-anniversary-trip-report.3759474/'][U]this[/U][/URL]

If you don't want the link underlined
(I usually underline it if it's just one word,
don't if it's several) do this:

[URL='https://www.disboards.com/threads/congrats-on-not-being-sold-separately-a-20th-anniversary-trip-report.3759474/']this[/URL]
Thank you!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts