Canadian Buffoon's Disney With a Teen Vacation - 08/13 - The Wrap

Absolutely loved your TR.

Thanks! And :welcome: to it!

the title caught my eye since DD and I will be taking our first solo trip soon.

I'm sure you'll love it as much as I did!
(Well.... maybe minus the searing heat....
and the stairs.... and the heat....
and the stairs.... and the...)

I totally get the teenage girls coming close to death but not having a clue.

::yes:: You feel my pain.
(Or theirs... as the case may be.)

Thank you for an afternoon of chuckles and at times tears streaming down my cheeks from laughing so much (loved loved loved the Little Mermaid portion)

:laughing: Wow! Thanks for the great compliment!
So glad you enjoyed it! :)

Oh! See? I had no idea.
Why is that? More relaxing?

I think so! Plus there are many more activities going on the ship. If you plan on getting off the ship in port, you're usually hustling to get off the ship in the morning. You would probably be going to Nassau :crazy2 and Castaway Cay. Nassau is gross and full of poverty, lots of beggars and pan handlers, which is why we didn't bother to get off the ship. Castaway Cay is nice and we enjoyed going to the adult beach for lunch and having a drink, but it would be more fun doing an excursion like parasailing or snorkeling.

Oh! Good to know.
I was already thinking about Palo...

And how to do it...

And whether I should or not........

Brain -> "boom"

I love Palo, but it's a fancy restaurant. People dress up. You have said Ruby doesn't like that.

::yes:: I had planned to re-read it for tips etc.

Our trip was dining and drinking heavy, but there's tons more to do, trivia, drawing classes, fitness classes, I'm sure there's more I never even considered.

I'll probably take you up on that!

I love talking DCL!

Whups!
Gotta book the thing first!
(Still a hurdle to jump first, though.)

Hopefully you can do it!
Depending on your status, (# of cruises) booking excursions, adult dining, spa services starts at either 120 days out, 105, 90 or 75 days from your date of sailing.

Hey @pkondz - just letting you know I haven't forgotten you! I've just been super busy and haven't had time to comment (and still don't really).

P.S Montreal sounds fabulous!

I think so! Plus there are many more activities going on the ship.

Ah. Makes sense.

If you plan on getting off the ship in port, you're usually hustling to get off the ship in the morning.

That's the part I'm not exactly thrilled about.

You would probably be going to Nassau :crazy2 and Castaway Cay.

::yes::

Nassau is gross and full of poverty, lots of beggars and pan handlers, which is why we didn't bother to get off the ship.

Gee! You make it sound so inviting!

Castaway Cay is nice and we enjoyed going to the adult beach for lunch and having a drink, but it would be more fun doing an excursion like parasailing or snorkeling.

Parasailing maybe.
But I think Ruby's snorkeling days are behind her.
I'll have to look into it more.

I love Palo, but it's a fancy restaurant. People dress up. You have said Ruby doesn't like that.

Good memory.
I ran it by Ruby, just in case.
I got an emphatic "no".

Our trip was dining and drinking heavy, but there's tons more to do, trivia, drawing classes, fitness classes, I'm sure there's more I never even considered.

Like I said... I'll have to look into it.
I think if we do nothing at all except relax,
she'd be happy.

I love talking DCL!

Good! I have a feeling I'll be bugging you again.

Hopefully you can do it!
Depending on your status, (# of cruises) booking excursions, adult dining, spa services starts at either 120 days out, 105, 90 or 75 days from your date of sailing.

It'll be 75 for us.
First time cruisers.

The best...that poutine looked awesome!

So good!

No kidding...I usually haven't seen any of the Oscar nominees!

There've been far too many times where a movie
that no one knows about wins for best picture.
And a movie that everyone loves is snubbed.

Movies that didn't win?
Rebel Without a Cause
It's a Wonderful Life
Psycho
The Wolf of Wall Street
Reservoir Dogs
Fight Club
Shawshank Redemption (What???? Okay it was up against Pulp Fiction and Forrest Gump)

So excited that you get to go back to Florida and a cruise no less...how fun!

Me too! Thanks!

Parasailing maybe.

Yes. This!!

:laughing: We'll see. I did in Hawaii, 20 years ago.
And she didn't want to then.
Times may have changed, though.

Had to do some research on poutine. So.... It's basically hot dog casserole.

NO!!!

Happy Belated Canada Day!

Thanks!

Had a family reunion in southeastern Saskatchewan over the long weekend. You know, a place with no cell phone signal, and no Timmie's. But still managed to have fun, of course!

Family reunions can be either fun or hell on Earth.
Glad yours was the former!

upload_2016-7-5_22-16-29-jpeg.179692

Lambchop!
Man, it's been years since I've seen her.

That is my least favorite time of day. Beer o'clock is much better, even if I don't like beer.

Agreed!

Yum - stole half of my daughter's smoked meat sandwich at Dunn's - best sandwich ever! Even better than the poutine!

I was really torn between a smoked meat sammie of poutine.
I figured I'd have plenty of time to get the former.

And it never happened.
Ah, well.

Wow - that's fabulous! A cruise would be so lovely - Castaway Cay is gorgeous. I've never seen water that blue anywhere before!

I can't wait to see it!

I had to google poutine. It still doesn't seem appealing. With or without hot dogs. Cheesy fries, I can get my head around that concept. Adding gravy? I just don't know about that one...

I had to google poutine. It still doesn't seem appealing. With or without hot dogs. Cheesy fries, I can get my head around that concept. Adding gravy? I just don't know about that one...

Hmmmm.... How do you feel about escargot?
Most love it.
But... it's snails. Should be gross, right?

I felt the same as you when I first heard of poutine.
It even looks yucky.
Cheese.... maybe.
But cheese curds?
What the heck are cheese curds?

Now I know.
And it's delicious.

There's a reason why there are restaurants
that only sell poutine.

I just have to thank you for keeping me occupied during work for the past week! I caught up on your TR and I am excited to hear you are coming back to Disney! If you spend any days at the World before your cruise we will have to meet up!

Sorry I haven't been around. Our oldest, Jack, got an pneumonia and was in the hospital and then we travelled for the holiday. It was a hard two weeks. I'm here now and boy oh boy I have missed so much! I'm so excited for your next Disney trip. It's funny how we've been planning and anticipating our next Disney trip for 2 1/2 years and you can just throw an idea out there and BAM it sticks and you're going. I love that spontaneity. It's too bad you're not going in November. Can't wait to read more about Montreal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter