Canada mentioned as another park in today’s unplugged

Mixman88

Earning My Ears
I found it interesting that Canada was mentioned as a country that could have a Disney park. I am from Toronto and we have a Cedar fair park (Canada’s Wonderland). This park is only open from May - Oct. So the challenge would be keeping open during the other 6 months. We don’t get snow until Nov or Dec. A big portion of this so called park would have to be indoor. Having a skating rink at the front of Elsa’s castle would be neat so people can enjoy the outdoor area during the winter months. Skating with Disney characters! But any outdoor rides would have to be shut down. If Disney could ever pull this off i would get annual passes for such a park! Would a Disney park in Canada make you want to come visit?

It probably wouldn't drive me to visit but I'd be more likely to see it instead of one of the asian parks or DLP as it would be closer. I live in Northern California and we were aiming to get up to Canada within the next two years anyway!

I'm in the Montreal region and I'd be super happy with Toronto or the Niagara region. If it's out west, count me out. Flying to Orlando is cheaper!

I think a four-season, indoor/outdoor Disney waterpark resort with some additional family and thrill rides in the Niagara area would do very well. Imagine an indoor hybrid of Volcano Bay and Great Wolf Lodge with some Disney magic thrown in. In the summer, add on Disney ferry excursions/transportation across Lake Ontario to/from Toronto.

The Niagara region would be perfect. A Disney park could take over where Marineland is. That place should just close down as it’s prime time days are well in the past.

You guys might be aware but Niagara Falls was considered an option when Walt was looking for a place for his new project.

As someone who lives 20 minutes away from the falls, this would of course be a dream. But the weather here would never work for a Disney park.

You guys might be aware but Niagara Falls was considered an option when Walt was looking for a place for his new project.

As someone who lives 20 minutes away from the falls, this would of course be a dream. But the weather here would never work for a Disney park.

That’s why majority of the park would have to be indoors for it to work. But not sure how the general public would like that. I centrainly could accept that! I would be the first one to get annual passes. Thinking about this concept all dark rides could take up the indoor part. Also having an indoor coaster would work. The outdoor part could have a jungle cruise type ride, carousel, dumbo type ride, cars type ride, and a train ride. That would be five rides that would have to close for about 6 months. The other rides could be all indoor based to keep the park open all year round.

As another poster meantioned. I like the idea of an indoor water park like wolf creek lodge. This park can just be a mix of AK, Epcot, HS, and MK. Would be cool to have the indoor section and the water park laced with fake palm trees or real if it can be done. I love seeing palm trees! Lol

Love the idea of a Canadian Disney Park, wherever it might be located!

Last edited:
Shanghi has a cold winter so Disney isn't beyond putting a park in a place that has cold winters. It isn't exactly as long or as cold as most of Canada but January in Shanghi and January in Vancouver look pretty darn close.

That being said I don't think we will see a Canadian Disney park any time soon.

Shanghi has a cold winter so Disney isn't beyond putting a park in a place that has cold winters. It isn't exactly as long or as cold as most of Canada but January in Shanghi and January in Vancouver look pretty darn close.

That being said I don't think we will see a Canadian Disney park any time soon.

as you said, shanghai doesn't get that cold and not for very long....
shanghai's really big problem for us is the pollution..
we were thinking of doing tokyo, hong kong and shanghai and then quickly realized DD wouldn't survive the severe shanghai pollution with her asthma...

The current buzz about a Canadian park was suggesting that Disney purchase a current park, like Canada's Wonderland or Marineland. To be of Disney quality, they'd have to bulldoze everything and start over. Much easier to purchase vacant land and just start from scratch. Something like Ontario Place in Toronto or farmland in Niagara.

This has been a classic April Fools joke for years as well-- a fake news story with the headline 'Disney North announced for Toronto' or something of the sort. Always surprising how many people fall for it.

I feel like it would have to be an indoor park up here in Canada. Much like was discussed for the Northern US before the Florida Project.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter