Can you?

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, if you don't buy the dining plan with the Disney package, can you buy it when you get to Disney World?

Thank you, can I always add it when it gets closer or I would have to buy the package?

Anytime you purchase a dining plan, your reservation becomes a package and all the package rules apply. So if you have a room only reservation right now without tickets, you don't have to pay for the room until you arrive. As soon as you add a dining plan (with or without tickets), you will have to pay the total balance in full 30 days before arrival. If you are within that 30-day window, you'll have to pay the balance immediately upon adding it. A package also has a different cancellation policy than a room only, but I'm not sure what that difference is.

A package also has a different cancellation policy than a room only, but I'm not sure what that difference is.
You can cancel a package and receive a refund of your deposit up to 30 days prior to travel. If you're within 2-29 days of travel and need to cancel, you're subject to a $200 penalty. If you cancel within 1 day of travel, the trip is non-refundable.

For room only, your deposit is refundable if you cancel up to 5 days prior to travel. If you cancel less than 5 days prior to travel, you forfeit your deposit.

OP, if the package restrictions don't worry you, you can add the dining plan at any point up to 2 days prior to travel. As PP mentions, if you add it within 30 days of travel, you'll need to pay for it in full at time of booking. Otherwise, the cost of the plan will be added to your remaining balance, and the remaining balance will be due 30 days prior to travel.

Has be added at least 48 hours before arrival Officially. Unofficially, I have had them do it for me day before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!