Can you use SW travel funds to pay for early bird check-in?

SSDonut

DIS Veteran
Just realized that I can rebook one leg of our Nov flights and get $44 in travel funds, which would cover the cost of early bird check-in for the return.

Can you use remaining travel funds for the early bird check-in option?

I hope so--that would be way more awesome then my usual gig of being at some WDW desk and having them check us in right at the 24-hour mark! :thumbsup2

Interesting question. I looked at the FAQ for EBCI and I see this line under "How Much Does Early Bird Check-In Cost?" --

"A credit card must be used for the purchase of EarlyBird Check-In."

I think that implies a credit card is the only form of payment allowed.

I would be glad to be wrong. :)

EBCI FAQ: http://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/faqs.html?topic=earlybird_checkin

Update: I was able to look at the payment options for EBCI for an upcoming itinerary and there is only a spot for credit card information; no place for applying travel funds.

:( Darn :sad2:

I was really hoping I was on to something, there :idea: Shoot.

Thanks for finding out for me, though! :wave2:

Bummer, isn't it? Not sure why we can't. I've had funds sitting there that I would have loved to have been able to use.

Not sure why we can't.
Because EBCI was created to generate more revenue for SWA. When you use travel funds towards the purchase of another flight you usually have to add additional money to cover the fare. With EBCI being only $10, many of us have enough travel funds to cover the entire fee. If they let you use travel funds, they wouldn't be getting any additional revenue, just reallocating money you already gave them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter