Can you use pools at Disney Resorts if staying elsewhere?

jopaly

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, sorry if this has been answered before.

We are going to Tuscana Resort next May, but I just wondered if you can use pools at Disney Resorts, even if you aren't staying there.

We want to spend some time at the Boardwalk area and would like to make an afternoon/evening of it by spending some time at the pool too.

In addition, are you able to park at Disney resorts or do you have to be staying at one of them?

All replies appreciated!

:thumbsup2

Oh yeah, if anyone knows anything about the Tuscana Resort, that would be appreciated too!!

:) :) :)

Only hotel guests and DVC members using their points to saty on site may use the hotle pools. Even DVC members can't use the Boardwalk hotel pools unless they are staying there.

Have you considered using a water park instead?

The official line on using Disney Resort pools is no, you are not permitted to use the pool facilities unless you are a paying guest at that specific resort - which when you think about it is fair enough - they do also check IDs from time to time also.

As for parking yes you can but only for a limited amount of time.

I would definately recommend visiting one of WDW's water parks - they are both great! :worship:

Only hotel guests and DVC members using their points to saty on site may use the hotle pools. Even DVC members can't use the Boardwalk hotel pools unless they are staying there.
These are the current pool hopping guidelines for DVC members:

You and any Guests staying with you at Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Beach Club Villas or Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa are permitted to use other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the Resort hotel at which you're staying) if they are not at capacity.

If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a Host/Hostess at the Front Desk of the Resort hotel you wish to visit to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current "Key to the World" card with your Disney Vacation Club "Member" designation on it to use other Resort hotel pools. Pool hopping is not available at Uzima Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts or at the leisure pools of these two Resort hotels. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time because of capacity limitations. Due to expected high occupancy, Disney Vacation Club Members may not "pool hop" during the following dates*:
May 23 - 26, 2008
June 28 - July 5, 2008
August 29 - September 1, 2008
November 24 - 30, 2008
December 14, 2008 - January 4, 2009
*Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity.

To answer the OP's question, with the exception of the special pool hopping perks for DVC members as outlined above, only those staying at a given Disney resort are entitled to use that resort's pool. That said, other than Stormalong Bay and Uzima (where resort IDs are checked), if you have no conscience and balls of brass, you wouldn't be challenged.

Parking for non guests is limited to 3 hours, but the BoardWalk is a slightly different kettle of fish as Disney does promote it as an entertainment district in itself. Certainly if you were spending an evening at the ESPN Club, Atlantic Dance Hall or Jellyrolls, the standard 3 hour pass would be insufficient. As long as you present photo ID to the security guard at the gate when you drive up, no-one is going to be carrying out any further checks as to the legitimacy of your reasons for being there or the duration of your stay.

I think it's only right and fair that only those paying for the amenities get to utililise them. I don't think I would be too impressed if the guests of the villa next door to the one I am staying at turned up one day just because our pool was bigger, or they just fancied a change of scenery for the afternoon.:eek:
As for parking, we have used the parking lot at the Yacht Club a couple of times (when visiting for a Kitchen Sink and when we went on our Illuminations cruise) and, as was posted previously, we had our ID checked and that was about it.
All in all I think that the Disney hotels, restaraunts and surrounding areas are extremly accommodating places. They welcome non-paying guests with open arms and allow us to have a look around the buildings and grounds to see what we are missing, and it would be a shame if some people started to abuse this hospitality.

I think it's only right and fair that only those paying for the amenities get to utililise them. I don't think I would be too impressed if the guests of the villa next door to the one I am staying at turned up one day just because our pool was bigger, or they just fancied a change of scenery for the afternoon.:eek:
As for parking, we have used the parking lot at the Yacht Club a couple of times (when visiting for a Kitchen Sink and when we went on our Illuminations cruise) and, as was posted previously, we had our ID checked and that was about it.
All in all I think that the Disney hotels, restaraunts and surrounding areas are extremly accommodating places. They welcome non-paying guests with open arms and allow us to have a look around the buildings and grounds to see what we are missing, and it would be a shame if some people started to abuse this hospitality.
I totally agree Kenny - what are you paying for if not the use of the facilities of your hotel?

I wouldn't be pleased at all to find out non guests were getting something I've saved and paid for.

we were at Universal last week and had a look round the hard rock hotel, we went to the pool and bought a cocktail and a beer ($20), we sat round the pool and sunbathed for an hour, we were not challenged but i guess they were happy to take our money, would this not be the case at Disney hotels, can you not use a pool bar to purchase a drink and if you do is there anything wrong with using the facilities.

Couldn't agree more, what's the point of paying the extra to stay in Disney, if anyone can use the facilities. :confused3

That said, other than Stormalong Bay and Uzima (where resort IDs are checked), if you have no conscience and balls of brass, you wouldn't be challenged.
The Polynesian and Grand Floridian (to name just two) are also starting to carry out random guest ID checks around the resort swimming pools. I think it won't be too long until other resorts follow suit.

We stayed at OKW, and used various Disney Pools on our last visit, but I did check with reception that we could, first. The only one we couldn't use was the Beach Club.

At the beach club, all the guests had to show their card to access the pool and were given wristbands to wear.

just playing debils advocate here....so is it acceptable for non residents to visit hotels and look at trees and decorations,gingerbread houses etc, or are we saying just the pool area

just playing debils advocate here....so is it acceptable for non residents to visit hotels and look at trees and decorations,gingerbread houses etc, or are we saying just the pool area

anyone is entitled to vist any disney resort,even if staying ofsite
You are alowed to vist to look around,and to eat and shop
To use the pools you have to be one of the folowing
Staying in that resort (all stars clased as one resort) to use that resorts pools only ie main pool or quiet pool
To pool hop you have to be a dvc member staying at a dvc resort ,except for Stormalong bay and the pools at AK lodge(this might change when vilas open)and at bussy time ie thanksgiving,xmas,easter and some bank holidays
Paulh

anyone is entitled to vist any disney resort,even if staying ofsite
You are alowed to vist to look around,and to eat and shop
To use the pools you have to be one of the folowing
Staying in that resort (all stars clased as one resort) to use that resorts pools only ie main pool or quiet pool
To pool hop you have to be a dvc member staying at a dvc resort ,except for Stormalong bay and the pools at AK lodge(this might change when vilas open)and at bussy time ie thanksgiving,xmas,easter and some bank holidays
Paulh

what happens with parking for ofsite guests though? I know you're allowed a couple of hours parking if you have an ADR, but what if you dont have an ADR and arent eating there?

what happens with parking for ofsite guests though? I know you're allowed a couple of hours parking if you have an ADR, but what if you dont have an ADR and arent eating there?

You just tell them at the gate you are going to look around the resort. We did it again at Xmas, drove around to about 6 or 7 resorts and told them we were going to look at Xmas decorations.
All the times we have done it we have never been given a time limit, all they do is ask for photo ID then open the gate for you.

as wayne said you just inform guard you wish to look around/shop or eat at resort.You will be let in to do so,can be at any time of year
Paulh

*** - No wonder there's so many problems in the world today - this really is common sense. Think of it this way. After your nice day at the parks, you decide to take a swim at your resort and thousands of non-paying guests turn up. If you want to spend time at the Boardwalk, pay to stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter