Can you use a WDW tciket at Disneyland

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
I may have the opportunity to go to CA this year. I have a few days left on an old WDW ticket with no expiration. Can those tickets be used at Disneyland? Or is that a whole different thing?

It's a whole different thing. They are on completely different ticketing sytems.

Sadly tickets from WDW can't be used at DL. I had an annual pass from WDW when I went to DL in 2005 and I knew I couldn't use it there. You can get DL tickets at your local Disney Store though.

According to Mousesavers, you can exchange WDW tickets for Disneyland tickets. This is taken from their Disneyland ticket FAQ. This will not work with annual passes.

Using Walt Disney World Tickets at Disneyland

Interesting, unpublished fact: you can use any unexpired, leftover days on a Walt Disney World ticket at Disneyland or DCA! Present the Disney World ticket at the gate on arrival -- they will take it somewhere, deduct a day from it, and give you a one-day Disneyland and/or DCA ticket. You can repeat this day by day until the Disney World ticket is used up. They will not give you a multi-day ticket all at once, even if you have multiple days left on your Disney World ticket.

The type of Disneyland ticket you will receive is based on the Walt Disney World ticket you present: if you have a Disney World ticket with the Hopper option, you will get a Disneyland Hopper that allows you to visit both parks in the same day; on the other hand, if the Disney World ticket had no Hopper option, you will get a one-day/one-park ticket and will have to pick which park to enter that day. This information was confirmed as of January 2007.

Yes you can! I called DL tickets and reservations twice and both times the CM said that it can definitely be done! They have to be non expiring tickets and if you want to hop between DL and DCA on the same day they have to be WDW hoppers. Annual passes can not be used at DL.

Wow! Good to know...I had no idea. I had always been told it couldn't be done.

Yep, can be done! No AP's though as PP said. We had looked into it since we had so many days left and the cost of what we paid was comparable to the price they were charging.

I've been looking for the answer to this question. I have called both parks and received different answers.

Does anyone know if Universal Studios passes work the same way? I have an annual pass to Universal Orlando and would like to use it in California.

We got some one day tickets when we bought free dining last year.
Is it possible to use that and buy a 4 day ticket for Disneyland?

From what I was told, you will need to trade that 1 day in for a Disneyland ticket. And then any additional tickets will be charged full price. You won;t be able to add on that ticket(at least the way I understood it)

Yes, you can do it. But it just depends on exactly what your original ticket is.

If you've got an older ticket, with unused days, and no expiration date, you should be able to use it at Disneyland. At least, they let me do it about a year ago.

I first went to the ticket sales booth, but was told to just bring it to the main gate. There, the ticket got handed off to various supervisors. In about 10 minutes, they brought me back a sparkling clean Disneyland ticket.

Wow, this is an old post. LOL!
I've been to WDW twice since I posted this. LOL! But still not to DL. :sad1:

YES, we just did it in March 21, 2013.. First off all, as some other posts indicate, you will get different answers when you call Florida and California regarding tickets. We called 6 different times. We took our tickets the night before to the ticket booth and were told to go directly to the gates, in the morning. We were one of the first people to line up at the gate and we were so excited. We should have asked someone behind the gates for help, before the gates were officially opened. Because we were so excited to be one of the first people in (literally were were the first people at the gates), we were told to step aside and that we were the first guest relations issue of the day, as we watched hundreds, of families run in, we had to wait, probably only 5 minutes, to get our paper one day ticket. ( Bonus- we were told how many days we had left, because believe it or not we forgot, and apparrently there is no way to do it over the phone or on line-- Only in person!). So the point is, it is very easy to do, as long as you are not trying to be first in Carsland... if was very disappointing to have to watch all the people run by us.

I was reading on mousesavers that this is no longer possible.

mousavers-/disneyland-california-vacation-discounts-and-deals/disneyland-ticket-pass-discounts/#wdw
"Using Walt Disney World Tickets at Disneyland
In the past you could use any unexpired, leftover days on a Walt Disney World ticket at Disneyland or Disney California Adventure! This was an unpublished benefit that was in effect at least since this site first started (2001). However, as of mid-December 2013, we are receiving reports that Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will no longer honor Walt Disney World tickets.

Disneyland tickets are NOT accepted at Walt Disney World, and Annual Passes are only good at the park where they were purchased (Walt Disney World Annual Passes are NOT good at Disneyland, and vice versa). However, there is a Premier Passport that is good at both locations."

Can anyone confirm? We plan to go in may 2015 and we have 5 days left on our 10 day no expiry. we aren't using them this year as we just bought AP.

Thanks,
Marianne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter