can you upgrade disney store passes at the park?

sachs1999

Earning My Ears
Perhaps an uninformed ? but I have always purchased from ut, but now with the doller the way it is and the fact that they have not changed prices here i think I will buy them at the disney store. However I need a 10 day and they only have 7 day, can I buy the 7 day and pay the difference at the park to upgrade to a 10 day? Thanks.

I always thought that you could until last year when I inquired for a friend. I was told that although those passes are valid when you use them, they cannot be upgraded if not bought from wdw themselves.:confused: I had told them that I was under the assumption that any unused passes can be upgraded at any time...They said no. So I didn't think this was correct so when we went on our next trip, I went to the DTD guest relations location and asked again. They said the same thing. But they did tell me that they cannot be sure until they see the ticket/pass. So, I thought that was not at all helpful. So I had my friend call in and give them the info over the phone and she was told no.

:confused: So I'm not really sure, myself. I think the best thing to do is inquire over email and ask them to email the answer. That way if they say, yes...you have some type of proof. I think you should make sure you explain where you bought it and be clear that it's from a Canadian Disney Store...I'm not sure if that makes any difference, but it wouldn't hurt to include it.

By the way, my friend decided to use the passes as is. She recently bought her tickets online. She wanted a 10 day pass.

Sorry, this went too long. Good luck.

wow..

we upgraded 2 5 day airmiles passes to 10 day parkhoppers.

Arnt the passes at the Disney Store just generic cards though? You build your trip (10 day , park hoppers with water parks and more) and they just swipe it and you pay?

I will double check at the dis store but a few years ago I know they only carried certian types.

I've just spoken to someone at 407-W-DISNEY and she says yes, they can be upgraded. I was specifically asking about upgrading to the Annual Pass. She said yes that can be done since that is their policy to upgrade anything.

thanks for the info, I will get mine at the disney store and just change them when I get there!!

I just bought mine from the store at Square One and a staff member and manager both insisted that I could do the upgrade. In fact, the staff member did that last week. So, fingers crossed that this works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!