• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you tell I'm excited?!?!?!?! Pre-TR (October 1-15th 2009) The trip has begun!

No, I don't think I'm going to have room for clothes at all!! :scared1:

I'll make Jack take a massive case too - hopefully that'll solve the problem!

ha torsie we are so a like i have packed quiet a bit already clothes i have bought for both of us want to keep them new for holiday those travel minis which i agree are brilliant and other bits such as singles and change in dollars yay for paying for your holiday we have in two weeks :D

:) Hi Leanne, great to hear it's not just me!!

It feels so great paying it off!!!!!! Do it sooner if you can, I have felt so good the last couple of days, I don't really knkow why I waited until it was almost the deadline.

OOOOoo not long now, I bet your soooo excited. Take millions of pics of AKL!!

:) Hi Leanne, great to hear it's not just me!!

It feels so great paying it off!!!!!! Do it sooner if you can, I have felt so good the last couple of days, I don't really knkow why I waited until it was almost the deadline.

I dont if we will be able to afford it before but deff will if I can

i am getting so excited about your trip but i wont be able to read your TR until I get back as I will be out there when you get home

x

OOOOoo not long now, I bet your soooo excited. Take millions of pics of AKL!!

I will!! I'm going to take millions of pics of everything!!

I dont if we will be able to afford it before but deff will if I can

i am getting so excited about your trip but i wont be able to read your TR until I get back as I will be out there when you get home

x

Well hopefully by the time you get back I'll have done some of my TR so you'll be able to catch up on a few days. I'm so sad we miss each other by such an annoying amount!

Sounds like you are getting very excited! You can always tell that's the case when the suitcase comes out :)

Good solution to have Jack bring a big one too. Hopefully, he won't mind it being filled up with all of YOUR stuff in it. :lmao:

anyway, if you are still in the LGMH making mood, don't forget that I'd LOVE to have one too!! :worship:

Have fun with your 2 for 1 sales!

Liesa

Well hopefully by the time you get back I'll have done some of my TR so you'll be able to catch up on a few days. I'm so sad we miss each other by such an annoying amount!

i know its so annoying would of been great to have a dis meet x x

Sorry that this thread has been totally abandoned for a while! With the start of the football season we have been busy crazy at work.

At any rate, once you see this thread you'll have wished it wasn't updated, as I can freely admit I may have gone a bit over board with the pre-trip planning!!!

I started my proper packing today!! And thought I would photo document it, as I've seen other PTRs done this way in the past and enjoyed them. So anyone who isn't completely insane like me - look away now! (If you'd told me a year ago I'd be packing 2 weeks before departure AND taking photos of it, I'd have probably smacked you in the face, but then I also wouldn't have believed you I'd be packing for a wedding planning trip to WDW, so I think my "dreams are coming true" type excitement has a lot to do with it!)

Enough for the rambling - her goes with the packing!

First I tackled the most important part of packing to me! The toiletries! Now I left out the copius amounts of medicines and female prodcuts from the photo, as they don't need to be documented!

Toiletries.jpg

(How cute are the little hair straighteners! I love them!)

Also I have my sunscreens (and the biggest aftersun ever!):

Suncream.jpg

Then, I packed them (+ non photographed things) into two bags so they can be evenly divided between our suitcases so we'll be OK should a case go missing!

Toil-bags.jpg

I also sorted out my in park bags, including my MNSSHP candy bag. :) Jack still needs to make his. I have put a couple of bits in there too, like video camera, mister fans etc.

ParkBags.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I made our Mousekeeping envelopes.

Mousekeeping1.jpg

Of course the second paper was spread over the spare bed I gained a helper who had previously only been an observer:

Mousekeeping2.jpg

(Why do cats love paper so much?)

Once I'd removed Bella, I moved onto hand luggage, this is my bag that I love:

HL1.jpg

It divides into two sections, one of which I will be putting in my netbook, other electronics and also valuable bits like currency etc. As nothing can fall out of that section if the bag was opened.

HL2.jpg

In case any of you are DS fans like me, here is my inflight gaming selection:

Games.jpg

In the main section of the bag I have my little bag of liquids (mainly germ killing products!) a little bag of toiletries/medicine we might need for the journey, and my neck pillow, which rolls up really small and fits perfectly into a little elastic-y compartment of the bag. :)

HL3.jpg

I also have a couple of books for the trip, and the new Dan brown on order which should arrive this week:

Books-1.jpg

I've not packed clothing yet, that is next weekends job, but I did buy a pair of board shorts today, to complete my water park outfit:

WaterparkWear.jpg

The little shoes set the whole ensemble off wonderfully............:rolleyes:

All that packing sure tired us out!

HardWork.jpg

excellent 'packing update' !!

You are as pink and girly as I am! love all the pink/princess/Hello Kitty things!

Isn't is annoying how much suncream & aftersun we have to take... it weighs soo much in the suitcases ;)

Emma princess: x x

Thanks Emma. :) Glad you don't think Im mad!

I don't mind having to take loads of suncream really, it means when I take it out I will have plenty of space to bring goodies home!!

Love the packing update! Everything is so organized, small, cute and pink! I love it! You are getting so close to your trip, I'm jealous! I can't wait to read more.

Love the packing update! Everything is so organized, small, cute and pink! I love it! You are getting so close to your trip, I'm jealous! I can't wait to read more.
Awww, thank you!! How exciting you're so close to your honeymoon! Off to read your PTR now!! :)

I must be really crazy I started packing on Thursday and we go a week after you well I didnt actually pack but I got every thing out and its all spread out over our spare bed how lovely and un tidy lol

you must be getting so excited are you taking your netbook to update over there?

your cat soooooooooo cute awww!!

Haha, thank you. I haven't seen her in 2 hours as I did her flea drops and now she's hiding in the cupboard sulking (she hates the smell).

I am taking my netbook, I will be buying some internet time while at AKL, but don't think I will do loads of updates. WIll mainly be checking fairfx accoutn and work e-mails etc. :) I'm sure I'll find some DIS time though. ;)

Haha, my spare bed was covered in holiday stuff until I cleared it to help pack (and use it for photo purposes) today! Very nice to have it back, I think that's why Bella was so eager to help me pack! It's HER bed after all.

Haha, thank you. I haven't seen her in 2 hours as I did her flea drops and now she's hiding in the cupboard sulking (she hates the smell).

I am taking my netbook, I will be buying some internet time while at AKL, but don't think I will do loads of updates. WIll mainly be checking fairfx accoutn and work e-mails etc. :) I'm sure I'll find some DIS time though. ;)

Haha, my spare bed was covered in holiday stuff until I cleared it to help pack (and use it for photo purposes) today! Very nice to have it back, I think that's why Bella was so eager to help me pack! It's HER bed after all.

aw bless! poor thing

I think we will be taking ours to help free room for more pictures instead of taking LOADS of sd cards

CANT WAIT :D :cool1:

Yeah, that too!! Our little flip video thing can only free up space by the videos being downloaded, so we'll be doing that each day too. :)

Oooh, this jsut reminded me! I'm going to go put the LAN cable in my case now!

Hey Torsie! Looks like I found you. Congrats on you and Jack's engagement that is so exciting! I think a Disney wedding most definately suites you guys! How cute!

I have been trying to talk DH into going to the UK...I am hoping we can do this next year..we will see..the big debate is whether or not to bring the kids! Any suggestions? They will be 3 and 5 and people have been giving me a hard time for wanting to take them to England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales (I would have to sneak Paris in there too but don't tell my husband!)

I look forward to hearing more of your plans and who knows maybe we will run into eachother!

Torsie,

After your packing update with photos I'm an even bigger fan of yours! Your luggage is so cute, and I feel a bit sad looking at your mousekeeping envelopes that I didn't get a chance to make any! I didn't bother to take pics of my packing (we're leaving Tuesday for a few weeks in Vegas before we move on to Disney) because my stuff is no where near as lovely as yours lol - but I do feel a lot more encouraged to pack knowing that others are getting down to business too!

-Leit (Jessi)

Oh, and the peek inside your DS case was awesome! I love knowing what fellow gamers are playing!

Hey Torsie! Looks like I found you. Congrats on you and Jack's engagement that is so exciting! I think a Disney wedding most definately suites you guys! How cute!

I have been trying to talk DH into going to the UK...I am hoping we can do this next year..we will see..the big debate is whether or not to bring the kids! Any suggestions? They will be 3 and 5 and people have been giving me a hard time for wanting to take them to England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales (I would have to sneak Paris in there too but don't tell my husband!)

I look forward to hearing more of your plans and who knows maybe we will run into eachother!

Lol, I might not be the best person to ask about visiting th UK, as I spend most of my days plotting how to get more time away from it!!!

My only suggestions really would to be come July-Sept, as they tend to be the best chance of good weather (no promises though!), London is a lot nicer in summer than other months. Although last weekend Oxford St (Main shopping area) was so busy I couldn't believe it! You could totally make it a fun trip for kids, there are fun museums and Hamleys is a huuuuge toy shop (seems much bigger to the FAO Schwartz in NYC to me).

I went to University in Wales (Aberystwyth) and it really does have stunning countryside, so you could maybe stay on a farm there? (Don't go to visit the cities (Swansea.Cardiff) as they aren't touristy really. Aberdovey is hours from anywhere, but is a beautiful town. With a great beach.

Scotland I'd say do Edinburgh and then Loch Ness, avoid Glasgow!

You'll notice I don't mention Northern England, as a southerner I'm not a big fan :lmao:. Also I've never been to Ireland, but Dublin looks great, and I know my parents love Belfast.

Whatever you do don't miss Paris though! Beautiful city, wonderful people and Disneyland is like 30 minutes away!! If you book early enough you can get returns on the Eurostar from Central London for around £50.

Torsie,

After your packing update with photos I'm an even bigger fan of yours! Your luggage is so cute, and I feel a bit sad looking at your mousekeeping envelopes that I didn't get a chance to make any! I didn't bother to take pics of my packing (we're leaving Tuesday for a few weeks in Vegas before we move on to Disney) because my stuff is no where near as lovely as yours lol - but I do feel a lot more encouraged to pack knowing that others are getting down to business too!

-Leit (Jessi)

Oh, and the peek inside your DS case was awesome! I love knowing what fellow gamers are playing!

Thanks Jessi, you're so sweet. :) A few weeks in Vegas?!? You're so lucky!! I looooove Vegas!

Glad you liked my DS games. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter