Can you take DME to your resort and your own transportation back to WDW?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
DME may be a fun way to get to BWV - but we can pay for a taxi, Uber, LYFT, or towncar back to MCO.

We would guarantee our luggage would get to our airline, JetBlue, and checked into for our flight.
We could leave the resort 2 hours before our flight, instead of 3 hours before our flight.

What do you think ?

Yes you can do that. Just be careful leaving later. When we were there in September the security lines were longer than I’ve ever seen them. They were hand screening all food, books, magazines and electronics.

Absolutely. Every resort guest is entitled to a round-trip ride, but you don't NEED to take it if you don't want it.

You can definitely do a one way trip via DME but I wouldn't leave much later than the 3 hours (I would do 2 1/2 but not less than that) when going to MCO. The security lines can be a walk through one minute and an hour the next! Add to that the issue with the trams and you don't really want to cut it close.

If you don't want to use the RAC luggage delivery system to check your bags your welcome to bring them with you to DME, the driver will put them under the bus and retrieve them for you at the airport.

Last edited:

Agree with the PP about security at MCO. We have waited 45 minutes on some trips to get through.Other trips it has been 10 minutes.

DME may be a fun way to get to BWV - but we can pay for a taxi, Uber, LYFT, or towncar back to MCO.

We would guarantee our luggage would get to our airline, JetBlue, and checked into for our flight.
We could leave the resort 2 hours before our flight, instead of 3 hours before our flight.

What do you think ?
Not only can you do what you propose, I strongly recommend it. Magical Express leaves way too early for my taste, and the cost of an Uber ride to the airport is worth the extra hour and a half in the parks. Enjoy!

Jet Blue is currently suggesting passengers arrive 3 hours in advance of a domestic flight. I don't think you're allowing enough time. Maybe if you use RAC to check your bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter