Can you substitute a fruit platter for dessert?

MinnieGi

DVC/BWV
I was hoping that for some cs and ts meals we could substitute a fruit platter that some restaurants offer instead of a dessert. Any body do this? I'm sure we'll still order a dessert to share at the same sitting but we don't need three or four desserts all at once!

That is a good question because I have diabetes now and I can't have all those yummy desserts anymore but would love to have something while everyone else eats all that chocolate in front of me.. :(

jennifer293 said:
That is a good question because I have diabetes now and I can't have all those yummy desserts anymore but would love to have something while everyone else eats all that chocolate in front of me.. :(

Just about every CS had a sugar free (usually brownie) or piece of fruit option. The cut up fruit was ok for a dessert in some locations but not others. Additionally, Disney does stock sugar free ice cream etc but they don;t have them at all stands but the CM at the stand can radio the central place and they can bring it out within a few minutes. Even when sugar free stuff isn't on the menu ask :) Norway in Epcot has a wonderful sugar free chocolate mousse...

Yvonne

DCDisney said:
Just about every CS had a sugar free (usually brownie) or piece of fruit option. The cut up fruit was ok for a dessert in some locations but not others. Additionally, Disney does stock sugar free ice cream etc but they don;t have them at all stands but the CM at the stand can radio the central place and they can bring it out within a few minutes. Even when sugar free stuff isn't on the menu ask :) Norway in Epcot has a wonderful sugar free chocolate mousse...

Yvonne

Thanks for the info...I ate that sugar free brownie at Cosmic Ray's it was pretty nasty. After a horrible dinner at Akershus in Norway I don't think I will be venturing back into that country again...YUCK!!! :scared:

I will check out the sugar free ice cream at the stands and if they don't have it I will find something..No biggie!! Thanks again for your info!!!!

Always ask first so you won't be disappointed. You might get the new CM who may not know all the rules and exceptions.

What I mean by exceptions is what a person can get in lieu of a dessert. I am sure Disney has exceptions for diabetics or those with allergies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter