Can you return a car at a different location from where you rent it?

mloren

Mouseketeer
I'd like to stay onsite at WDW for part of my trip and won't need a car. For the second half of the trip, I'd like to stay offsite (to visit Universal, SeaWorld, etc.) and would like a car then.

Is it possible to rent a car at Downtown Disney (or elsewhere on WDW property), but then return it to the airport?

Yes, you can rent a car at National Car Rental at the Swan Hotel and return it to any other Nat'l Car Rental place (airport, etc...)

Yes, but it's probably going to cheaper to rent the car for a week than pay day charges and tranportation to and from the airport for your party.You can get a small car for about$ll0 plus fees.for a week.

Also, note that many rental car companies often charge a fee for returning a car to a location different from the one you rented the car from originally.

Our party of 6 is renting a minivan for one day from National. We will pick it up at the Swan/Dolphin location and return it to the Orlando airport. National is not charging us a fee for returning the minivan to a different location. I don't know which of the other car rental companies do (or don't) charge a fee for this.

BTW, we are renting a minivan for the first four days of our trip. Picking up at the airport and returning to the Swan/Dolphin location. Our total length of stay is 10 days and it was less expensive for us to do this ( rent 1st 4 days and again for last day) than to keep the minvan the entire time. We won't need it while we stay at the Boardwalk.

Just FYI, Dollar does have a rental counter in one of the DD hotels. I'm sorry I don't remember which one it is.

Enjoy our trip

We are renting from National, picking up in Atlanta and dropping off at Orlando airport. There is no charge for dropping it off in a different place.

The last few times I have been to Florida, we either rent in Orlando (at the airport) and drop off in Ft Lauderdale or vice versa. At least with Dollar and National, the 2 companies I have been used the last few years they haven't charged a drop off fee.

Also, note that many rental car companies often charge a fee for returning a car to a location different from the one you rented the car from originally

Car rental companies in FL generally don't charge a fee for drop off in a different FL location. I was told this is by law. Exceptions include Priceline, Hotwire, some exotic rentals and some of the smaller companies.

Makes sense Lewis. I know that I've been charged fees for dropping off at a location other than the one I picked-up the car from. I remember this being the case on a rental in NJ/PA, and one in NV/CA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter