Can you rank the Disney Musicals? that are will be/ on/ were on Broadway?

AdamEfimoff

DIS Veteran
1 being the highest
10 lowest

I am looking at going to Broadway. And while we do have money. I am wondering if I should go to Broadway again . I am from Australia so its far

Last edited:
I saw lion king this summer and it was amazing. The costumes were beyond incredible. I'm sort of eh about the movie and still got emotional during the play. Definitely a 10+

I haven't see any of the others out now.

Hamilton is now the hot ticket, I think Book of Mormon was the last one? I really liked Wicked. Friends loved Waitress, Come from Away,and Hello Dolly.

Not Disney but Hamilton was awesome. As far as Disney We loved the Lion King- Aladdin was good, we have ZERO desire to see Frozen. Wicked was really good, Loved Book of Mormon.

I think The Lion King is the only Disney show that received unanimous raves and the Tony for best musical. The rest (Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Mary Poppins, etc) received good to fair reviews and had successful runs. Two are considered bombs (Little Mermaid and Tarzan) and barely ran a year.

I live close to NYC and have seen hundreds of bway shows. While they are wonderful, I would not base such a big trip solely on this. Most of the Bway shows have touring versions. NYC is a wonderful place to visit. But come because you want to experience the whole city, not just a couple of Bway shows.

Yes, come to experience the entire city. I would never travel from Australia to here just for theater.

I love Lion King! I saw a touring production. It was incredible! I am very interested to see how Frozen ends up. It is on its pre Broadway tour. Not disney, but I am loving the music from Anastasia. It had to grow on me a bit.

Disney productions I have seen all touring are: Beauty and the Beast, Newsies, Mary Poppins and Lion King.

Lion King was the most visually stunning. Love the music and dancing in Newsies. I saw Beauty and the Beast twice and it is my sentimental favourite. My least favourite was Mary Poppins.

Disney productions I have seen all touring are: Beauty and the Beast, Newsies, Mary Poppins and Lion King.

Lion King was the most visually stunning. Love the music and dancing in Newsies. I saw Beauty and the Beast twice and it is my sentimental favourite. My least favourite was Mary Poppins.
Why did you hate Marry Poppins?

I didn't hate it. It was just my least facourite of the ones I saw. I prefer ( aka love) the movie. The play is a bit darker. I also had really bad seats which didn't help.
I also didn't think the new songs came anywhere near the fabulousness of the Sherman Brothers songs.

I didn't hate it. It was just my least facourite of the ones I saw. I prefer ( aka love) the movie. The play is a bit darker. I also had really bad seats which didn't help.
Mary Poppins is probably my favorite of the Disney musicals.

Thus far, I have only seen Lion King (2x) and Beauty and the Beast. I like Lion King best - and as someone else said, I am not even a fan of the film!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter