Can you pay extra to access Club Level without staying Club Level?

wildlodger

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! Back in 2019, I knew it was possible to pay an extra $150 a night to access club-level, even if you aren't staying in a club-level room. As long as you stay in the resort non-DVC, you can pay the extra for access. Is this possible today? I can't find anything about it so it may have gone away with COVID.

Hi everyone! Back in 2019, I knew it was possible to pay an extra $150 a night to access club-level, even if you aren't staying in a club-level room. As long as you stay in the resort non-DVC, you can pay the extra for access. Is this possible today? I can't find anything about it so it may have gone away with COVID.
You can at Wilderness Lodge, only, if there’s availability. It was reported HERE. Enjoy!

@wildlodger just to add the additional restrictions. You have to add on CL for your entire lenght of stay at the WL and you can only add this option at the Front desk at check-in. There is no way to add it before you arrive at the WL. It is a limited option.

Dave

Great to know, thank you! And it's non-DVC rooms only, correct?
If you book a Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek room as cash, through Disney, you can add it on. Not if it's points (owned or rented). We were offered it on our last stay at Copper Creek (cash reservation). We declined because we had a dining promotion.

If you book a Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek room as cash, through Disney, you can add it on. Not if it's points (owned or rented). We were offered it on our last stay at Copper Creek (cash reservation). We declined because we had a dining promotion.
I had no idea this was true! Everyone always says resort side only. I've never even bothered to ask at check in. I would love to do a Copper Creek cabin and have club level access :)

This is the first time I’ve heard this. Anyone else offered CL who stayed on a Cash DVC stay at WL recently?

Will anyone will be there soon? If so, can you please confirm this? I’m definitely curious now!

OP- just to be clear, this question is solely about Wilderness Lodge, correct? You don't say specifically but given your username and the fact that buying into club level is only ever talked about with Wilderness Lodge I think we're all assuming. Just want to double check that's what you meant.

I had a cash room at Copper Creek a couple of years ago, and asked about Club Level. I was told it wasn't possible on the DVC side. Others seem to have had a different experience. Disney is consistently inconsistent. :rolleyes2

@patty57 your experience has been the norm concerning the ability to add on the Old Faithful Club access to a cash reservation at the CCV or BRV.

@Mle8308 's experience appears to be very unique. We have also had reports that guests asked at the Front desk and the CM had no clue what the guest was asking about. I think it comes down to the CM at the Front desk. There has never been an official announcement of this unique offering.

Dave

When was your last stay at CCV? We are always looking for data points on this very unique offering at the Wilderness lodge.

Dave

@patty57 your experience has been the norm concerning the ability to add on the Old Faithful Club access to a cash reservation at the CCV or BRV.

@Mle8308 's experience appears to be very unique. We have also had reports that guests asked at the Front desk and the CM had no clue what the guest was asking about. I think it comes down to the CM at the Front desk. There has never been an official announcement of this unique offering.

Dave
If it was Animal Kingdom, and it was offered to a DVC member as an add on, it would make sense. But DVC members do not have access to Club Level at Wilderness Lodge, so it doesn’t make sense that they would be included in something that’s only accessible to the resort guests. Could have been offered in error or possibly they were upgrading them?? Definitely would love to hear more about others experiences. That would definitely change things if it’s available to everyone.

When was your last stay at CCV? We are always looking for data points on this very unique offering at the Wilderness lodge.

Dave
September (it was a quiet time). It was the first time we'd ever been asked. It was during a time when Disney was offering the dining card as a promotion, we declined because we had $1500 to spend on dining, so it would have been a waste of money. Maybe due to that promotion, there was not a high demand for Club? We stay at WL all the time (always a 1BR or studio at BRV or CC for cash) and it was the first time we'd ever been offered the option. It was a newer CM who offered, she said she had finished training a few weeks prior??? I'd say if you want Club access, book it as a Club room.

Last edited:
I would book club level from the start. I know other resorts will also offer this. Never asked at Disney as we have been DVC for the past 20+ years and seemingly may not be offered. A Hyatt although was club level already offered to add additional people for 100 per adult per night and 50 for each Child. Personally it is far from worth the cost for most unless you plan to plant yourself in your room all day. Hyatt did offer more than what Disney does as they have Lunch besides the normal Breakfast, snacks, apps, night dessert and drinks.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter