Can you move one time use points?

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by Mineu, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Mineu

Mineu DIS Veteran

We purchased a few one time use points for our cruise. If we have to move the cruise-will those points transfer to the new date or are they lost if we move the date? I know MS will be super busy when they reopen-so, hoping someone here knows. Thanks!

2. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

One-Time-Use Vacation Points can't be banked or borrowed. If you cancel the reservation that was made with OTU points, the OTU points will be returned to the UY in which the reservation was to take place. They must be used by the end of that UY or they will be lost.

mustinjourney and Mineu like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvc-resales.com

4. Mineu

Mineu DIS Veteran

Thanks for the answer! Just to clarify-if I just move my cruise from February to May if this year I should be ok?

5. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

If the cruise is available for points, and if it's your same UY, you should be OK I think.

Mineu likes this.
  6. Mineu

Mineu DIS Veteran

Thanks!!

7. Cyberc1978

Cyberc1978 Mouseketeer

To answer the question in the title, yes you can move OTU points. You need to call member services and ask them to apply them towards another/new reservation.

8. DenLo

DenLo DIS Veteran

BTW, When cancelling a cruise, the OTU points and your other DVC points will go into a Reservation Holding. Those points can only be used for a vacation that is not a DVC resort reservation, in other words a reservation like DCL.

9. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

10. BillPA

BillPA DIS Veteran

Why pay $15 a point for OTU points for a cruise that they only 'give' you $5-6 credit??? What am I missing?

11. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

To clarify a bit more - once the points are used to book a cruise they become "Reservation" points and stay in that status. They cannot be used for DVC resort reservations after that but can be used for the Disney collection as well as other trades. "Holding" status refers to cancellations of a DVC resort reservation that is done 30 days or less prior to check in. Points in Holding status can only be used for reservations that are made 60 days or less prior to check in.

DenLo likes this.