Can you make multiple reservations for the same date?

ekmom

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip in March. We won't know for a little while whether 4 or 5 of us are going. If it's 4 we'll book 1 deluxe room (probably YC) but if it's 5 we'll book 2 rooms at POR. Can I make 2 reservations now and just cancel the one I don't need? These would be room only reservations not packages.

I'm pretty sure you can, but depending on who you book them with(disney, travel agent, etc.) you may need to pay in full for both at the time of booking. You would probably want to make two separate reservations so that one could be easily cancelled. Make sure to check the cancellation policy before you do this.

You can book multiple reservations for the same date. For room only, I believe it's a one night deposit charge which will be refunded when you cancel the one reservation you won't be using.

You can book multiple reservations for the same date. For room only, I believe it's a one night deposit charge which will be refunded when you cancel the one reservation you won't be using.

Awesome! I'm starting to feel nervous that there won't be the availability we want by the time we have everything sorted out so I'd like to get it locked in. Thanks!

Just want to be clear that you will have to pay the deposit of one night for each room at the time of booking.

ekmom said:
Planning a trip in March. We won't know for a little while whether 4 or 5 of us are going. If it's 4 we'll book 1 deluxe room (probably YC) but if it's 5 we'll book 2 rooms at POR. Can I make 2 reservations now and just cancel the one I don't need? These would be room only reservations not packages.

You will have to put down a deposit of either the first night's rate on a room only or a $200.00 deposit for a package deal. Depending on the room, you may be better booking a package.

I believe you also have to have a different lead name on each reservation.

I'm somewhat in the same boat. I'm not sure if I want "Grumpy" to come along with us, he could ruin our trip! Our first trip since 2005! We are currently booked at POR, but I kind of want either POP or POFQ. Since POR is the only moderate resort we haven't stayed at, we might give it a try. It can hold 5 at AB or 4 at the Mansion. But it's good to know that I can book another resort for the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter