Can you help me find a restaurant for a special bday dinner?

Nikfour

Nikki Who Loves Mickey!
Hi!
My mother is turning 70 (in Feb.) and we would like to take her out to a nice restaurant but probably not the $$$. Just $$ would probably be in our price limit. There will be 14,11 and 7 yr old kids too!
I was thinking of Boma over at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. O'Hana is in the $$ price range too! I have not been to either of these restaurants. If you have had any good/bad experiences or any other recommendations....Please share. I do value the opinions of all the Fort Fanatics! :)

Thank You!

Nikki

PS I am so glad she wants to spend her bday at The Fort!

We LOVE both O'hana and Boma! You can't go wrong at either one. They are among our favorites (and we've eaten in most WDW restaurants). Boma has a little more "adventurous" menu options- delicious African flavors- and, of course, it's a buffet. O'hana is a festive, meat-lovers' paradise, and the food is brought to you on skewers. The kids' activities may be too young for your teenager, but the others will enjoy the coconut races, etc. It's a toss-up for me... Enjoy!

Kona Cafe at the PR is very nice and good food also.

Two of my favs are Boma-very large nice selection on buffet, something for everyone.
And Garden Grill (at Epcot)- a revolving restaurant with some characters(ask to sit in a outside booth) Food served family style, all you can eat. Heres the menu.

Dinner (4:30 p.m. to varies with park closing): $28.99 Adults 10 and up; $13.99 Children 3-9

Non-alcoholic soft drinks are included

Typical Characters: Mickey, Pluto, Chip 'n' Dale

Family Style Platter
featuring:

Oatmeal Cluster Rolls
Green House Salad with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Grilled Flank Steak with Mushroom Cabernet sauce
Rotisserie Turkey Bresat with Cranberry Relish
Southern Fried Catfish
Cornbread Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Baby Carrots & Broccolini

Warm Apple Bread Pudding with Caramel & Whipped Cream

Young Gardener's Menu
Ages 3 to 9

Choice of:
Chicken Strips
Macaroni and Cheese
Potatoes or French Fries
Fresh Vegetables

Served with a special dessert

Complimentary Non-alcoholic Beverages

Kona is also a very good restaurant.:thumbsup2

Although Boma is our favorite, Ohana is great too. Crystal Palace has a wonderful buffet w/Poo and has more "Disney" feel. The ultimate "Disney" is Chef Mickey and the buffet isn't bad, just not up to the others.

Thank you for all the great suggestions! Now I definitely want to try them all. Each visit we make, we will have to try one!

:) Nikki

We did this with my mother but we did the breakfast at Wilderness Lodge. It was great they brought the cake sang to her and gave her a Birthday Sticker which she wore all day and everytime a cast member would see her they would wish her a Happy Birthday. She would get so tickled that so many people wished her Happy Birthday! It was her 70th birthday too!
Cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter