Can you get a smoothie with Q&C voucher?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I've read here that at B&C you probably can't, but what about other counter service places that have them, like Lotus Blossom Cafe in Epcot and Pepper Market? Are they large, tasty, and refreshing there? Would they count as desert?

when i went in 2002, my son got a milkshake and my husband got a smoothie and they didn't count as a desert. I would like to know the answer for now. Maybe they changed.

I had dinner this spring (May 2004) at Pepper Market and for your drink you can order a smoothie with the Q&C voucher...you can also order a flavoured coffee with whipped cream (many different choices including cappuchino) if you like that instead. If you are getting a coffee I recommend going over to the coffee barperson and seeing what all is available.

Pepper Market is an amazing value with the Q&C voucher and well worth the minimal effort of getting there.

One note...it is well suited to sharing entrees and desserts especially if you have some in your party with smaller appetites. Last Christmastime (2003) we were 2 adults, a 16 year old boy and two 15 year old girls all with normal appetites and 3 vouchers filled us up with no leftovers.

The girls just loved the fajitas (there was enough so that all of us could have some), Joe loved his steak and David and I shared the prime rib (putting a few bites on the girls' plates). The potatoes we got as sides were meals in themselves with cheese, sour cream and bacon... the grilled veggies were a treat although Joe opted to substitute a side of mixed fruit for his.

We were almost too full for dessert, but hey! Who is ever really too full for dessert? It was nice to see the kids sharing the 3 delicious desserts with each other and us too! (being satiated brings out the benevolence in the most voracious of dessert lovers!)

We don't like to waste food so having all the varied tastes of Pepper Market available presents an opportunity for our family of 2 adults and 3 teens to share dishes and leave the table completely satisfied for a bottom line of $34.50. Almost unbelievable at Disney!

We find it is nice to supplement the other more expensive restaurants with a few trips to Pepper Market (and Beaches and Cream) with the vouchers. The bonus is our teens have stated several times they like the PM and BC as well as, if not better than many of the other disney restaurants we have taken them to...go figure!

Originally posted by Raggedy
when i went in 2002, my son got a milkshake and my husband got a smoothie and they didn't count as a desert. I would like to know the answer for now. Maybe they changed.

If you are speaking of Beaches and Cream they now count as desserts. the only things that do not are the usual coffee, tea and milk as well as soda...although you CAN order special flavours added to the soda (ie raspberry, lemon, lime etc.) for no additional charge with the vouchers.

We always elect to order actual ice cream desserts with the vouchers because they are sooo big and awesome besides being such a great value...but again we do share. I personally think there is no specialty dessert that BC serves that is not made for two!

We went in June to B & C about 5 times and I think I had a smoothie each time. It counted as a drink. Needless to say, we had a different waitress each time. Hope that helps!

We went to B&C this past June and I was able to order a milkshake as my beverage and my DD ordered a smoothie as her drink. :sunny:

All of you who ordered smoothies and milkshakes...were you ALSO able to order ice cream for dessert as well?

I ate there with a friend in May and was not allowed to do that. If we wanted a milkshake (or anything else that was not coffee, tea, milk or soda) it counted as our dessert.

In both May and June, we were not able to order a smoothie at B & C unless we wanted it to count as our dessert.

We went to the Pepper Market on 8/15/04, last Wednesday & the strawberry banana smoothie counted as a dessert:o It was very refreshing tho!!!

Originally posted by Ozymoe
All of you who ordered smoothies and milkshakes...were you ALSO able to order ice cream for dessert as well?

Yes, they counted the smoothie and milkshake as our beverages, so we were also able to order dessert.:sunny:

Hmmmmm....I wonder what you have to do to get them to let you use the voucher that way! lol

I suppose it's just who you get for a waitress. Did you tell them that you were using a voucher before you ordered your food?

Originally posted by Ozymoe
Hmmmmm....I wonder what you have to do to get them to let you use the voucher that way! lol

I suppose it's just who you get for a waitress. Did you tell them that you were using a voucher before you ordered your food?

Well, we didn't do anything special or sneaky, just showed our waitress the vouchers before we ordered and asked her what we were allowed to order. Our waitress recommended the shake & smoothie:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter