Can you cut through Mickey and Friends Garage to Tram?

I don't know if this has been fixed, but doing this used to require taking the stairs up to Daisy, then the elevator, stairs or escalator back down.

I don't know if this has been fixed, but doing this used to require taking the stairs up to Daisy, then the elevator, stairs or escalator back down.

Huh? Why?

You have always been able to walk to the parking structure/tram loading area without ever entering the actual structure. I've been doing this since 2001.

Huh? Why?

You have always been able to walk to the parking structure/tram loading area without ever entering the actual structure. I've been doing this since 2001.
There was a point where there was no way to do otherwise without going through come cast member only parking areas that they wouldn't allow you to do because they had expanded the cast member parking areas there.

There was a point where there was no way to do otherwise without going through come cast member only parking areas that they wouldn't allow you to do because they had expanded the cast member parking areas there.

Um. No. That's not true at all. You could always enter at the corner of Disneyland Drive and Magic Way. It has never been closed off or otherwise restricted.

Um. No. That's not true at all. You could always enter at the corner of Disneyland Drive and Magic Way. It has never been closed off or otherwise restricted.
Yes, it was, I was the unfortunate victim of this when it did happen and it lasted for at least 6 months that I know of, never had occasion to try after that.

Yep. Agree. Just walk to DtD. It will be SIGNIFICANTLY faster, considering the security lines and wait for a tram at the garage. As a bonus, you can scan in at the monorail station, even if you don't want to ride (just turn around and come back out) so you can make Maxpass reservations immediately. This is our little hack.

on my last trip, the one time I walked in instead of taking the tram I could not take advantage of this because the Monorail was on an indefinite hold.

If you stay in that area (I will be at Best Western Pavilion on Katella). Would you ride the monorail in? We are looking at rope drop and heading for PP first. Is it better to walk to main gate or ride in?

For PP at opening never take the monorail. Even if it opened a early enough you’re walking from Tomorrowland and entering fantasyland from the wrong side. Trust me. Bad idea.

Worked for Nemo the one time we did that during early entrance. Used the whole hour for it, so that wasn’t great, but...

For PP at opening never take the monorail. Even if it opened a early enough you’re walking from Tomorrowland and entering fantasyland from the wrong side. Trust me. Bad idea.

Worked for Nemo the one time we did that during early entrance. Used the whole hour for it, so that wasn’t great, but...
I think the early entry for PP will be from maingate. I have to remember that the parks are not as big as WDW. The thought of walking basically halfway "around" DCA before getting there is not as bad as I think it is. We will be going on Saturday prior to guest services so we will scout out a few things. If the walk isn't obnoxious we are thinking about a mid-day break at the hotel - but we will have to see. If the walk is too long, we will rest at one of the restaurants or lounges instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter