Can you change room category on a reservation booked onboard?

skylynx

DIS Sponsor in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado
So, while on the Feb 9 Fantasy Eastern cruise, I booked a 4 night cruise on the Dream for our family in June of 2014 to celebrate my son's high school graduation. It is the first time we are booking a separate room for my two kids (who will be 18 and 21 at the time) and the first time we will be taking my stepdaughter (23) from the UK along with us.

To manage the costs, and because I don't expect the kids to spend much time in the room, we got them a standard inside stateroom (cat 11B) directly across from our verandah stateroom on deck 7. We were able to get the 10% rebooking discount on both staterooms.

So now I am feeling a little guilty that especially since it is my stepdaughter's first time joining us on a cruise, I should maybe consider at least a porthole room for them, even though it won't be directly across the hall. Seems like the price differential might only be about $100. What's most important to me about it, though, is if I change the category of their stateroom, will I lose the 10% discount? Anyone had experience changing the category of a stateroom booked using the 10% rebook on board discount?

No you won't lose the OBB benefits, and you will get the price that the room was on the day that you booked that cruise date since all the cat prices are locked in at that point as long as you keep that date. :)

You might have to pay a little more deposit (the difference in the cost between the category you booked & want to change to). You will be able to keep your discount.

Success! Was able to change the kids to one of the 9c oceanview obstructed porthole staterooms at the very front of the ship for only $110 more (SR 7502). The stateroom has the funny angled shape, but according to stateroom reports I've read, most folks really liked having the extra space that configuration afforded, and the "obstruction" wasn't anything in front of the porthole, it was just that it looks over Vibe and the bow (but the ocean is still visible). I think the kids will appreciate having a bit more space and the natural light, not to mention the split bath. When I looked at the standard inside stateroom pictures, I figured it was well worth the extra $100 to upgrade them. They won't be directly across the hall from us anymore, but will be on the same floor and same side of the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter