Can you book WL flag family before going?

Forever a Princess

One bottle of ketchup is not enough!
Hi there!

I've always booked the WL family flag raising when we got to the lodge.

Does anyone know if this can be booked prior to going?

TIA

I do not know for sure as this is our first trip but I was looking at allears.net and they say no you can not book it before arrival. But I guess you could always try and see what they say.:confused3

What time in the am does this commence?

How long should you allow for it if you are selected?

Can anyone give a brief description?

We have been to WL several times and we always arrive early and we ask but its always booked, I even asked for our entire stay one time and every day was booked. I guess its just timing.

I don't know where I saw this, but I thought they did away with the Flag Family? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, we'll be back at the Lodge next May and would love to do it if it's still available.

I don't know where I saw this, but I thought they did away with the Flag Family? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, we'll be back at the Lodge next May and would love to do it if it's still available.

I was just about to say the same thing. I remember a thread a couple of months ago, where someone said that they had done away with the Flag Family.

It's not discontinued that I know of. I do know you cannot pre-book it..I even tried to do it last August through the Concierge but you must wait until you check in to see if there are any available dates.

If you are chosen to be the Flag Family you meet the "ranger" in the lobby around 8am and he takes you to the roof and allows you to raise the 5 flags above the resort. You get to take photos, etc. It's a wonderful thing to do, we've done it twice. I would say it takes about half an hour. :)

Here's a photo of my family doing it..

47b6d833b3127cce8a0f0517290800000015108Bcs2bhq5bk

I was just about to say the same thing. I remember a thread a couple of months ago, where someone said that they had done away with the Flag Family.

They ARE still doing the Flag Family!!!! We were there in April and I had read the same thread....didn't even bother to ask at check in. The next morning my DD was out on the balcony and said, "Mom! There's a Flag Family on the roof!" My reply: "Sorry, honey, they don't do that anymore." She then insisted that people were on the roof with flags, so we went out to check...and she was right!! We raced down to the lobby to ask and lo, and behold...they had our last day available (as well as our check out day...but our flight was too early for us to do it).

This has been the only piece of bad info I have ever gotten on the DIS! I think it was a nasty rumor started by someone who wanted a better shot at getting to be the Flag Family...hmmm....maybe we should start a rumor that now you have to pay for Fast Passes to Soarin! lol....JK!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter