Can you book a 3:30 MK ADR *Before* Very Merry?

Gillbob316

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to book an ADR at Jungle Skipper Canteen Sunday afternoon (Party of 1, Flying solo), because I've never eaten there, but I hear good things, so I’d like to. From what I read, it isn’t impossible to get a walk-in table at Skipper Canteen, so if all else fails and I can’t get a workable ADR… I’ll probably just try to stroll in if/when I can find the time for it, but I figured an ADR never hurts. *Shrug*

The Problem(s):

I'll be going Sunday on a Very Merry Party ticket, and since the park opens at 4:00 to Very Merry guests, but Canteen closes at 6:30... I only have a window of 2 1/2 hours to work this into. Compounding the problem, I'd also like to see the final show of Muppet History (4:45) and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire (5:15) because I've never seen either show, and there's only 1 show of each in that pre-very merry 4pm to 7pm window. Not to mention I have 3 fastpasses in that window which may or may not get used as well. I’m unwilling to miss the two shows. I'm fairly okay with ditching the fastpasses as Very Merry lines should be short anyway, and none of them are for anything busy like Minetrain.

I also wouldn't mind catching Move It! Shake It! (5:45) & A Frozen Holiday Wish (6:30), but my world won't end if I miss them. (I can catch the 8:15 encore of Frozen... I'm only 1/2 interested in Move It! Shake It!, so I can live with missing it.)

This, as you might imagine, is a scheduling nightmare to work out. Lots I’d like to do in a very narrow pre-very merry window. (If only these things stayed open for the party!)

The Question at Hand:

So... I looked at Skipper Canteen ADRs, just to see what was available, and they have a table for 1 at 3:30.

I know if you have a morning table at one of the breakfast restaurants before your park admission should technically let you in… they’ll admit you early for breakfast. Do the same rules apply in the afternoon for a Very Merry ticket? Or would getting in at 3:30 be out of the question because they won’t admit me ‘til 4?

Getting in at 3:30 to eat would alleviate so much of this problem, but I’m somehow guessing they won’t want to let me do that. Wondered if anyone knows for sure.

PS. In the highly likely event I don't find an ADR time that actually works, does anyone think I'd have trouble doing a walk-in as a party of 1? I'd most likely head there right after Friendship Faire, so around 5:30-6ish? I don't plan to rush my meal, but since I'm alone I'll probably be fairly speedy. If I finish eating in time to make it back for Move It Shake It and Frozen, great. If I don't, no big deal. As I said, never eaten there... so I don't really know what to expect. Other than what I read on the internet.

Last edited:
No, they won't let you into the park in time for a 3:30 ADR.

If it's important, you can use a regular park ticket to get in earlier.

It's important to me... but not important enough to warrant the cost of a 1 day daytime admission, haha. Which is more or less why I'm trying to wrack my brain to make it all work within that 3 hour window.

The one thing I have going in my favor is I'm a party of 1... which makes keeping to a schedule and staying light on my feet so much easier.

I think if I were you I'd go ahead and grab the reservation and keep checking back to see if it can be modified to a slightly later time. There's a 3:35 for 1 available right now if you hadn't grabbed one yet :)

I went by myself on opening day last year and it wasn't bad at all. That was before ADRs though so I know that's not super useful lol

Also, be at the head of the pack for admission at 4pm, They have been letting people in at 3:40, so you would be late, but not so late they won't seat you.
Im.pretty sure they will allow you to be seated, even if you're late..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter