Can you answer a question for me?

jcsbama

DIS Veteran
I've been trying for 30 minutes to do a search because I have a stupid question, but I keep getting error messages. I think I know the answer, but DH wants me to verify with the DIS. We are staying at BWV next week by renting points. Do we still have the capability to put a credit card on file and charge to the room? Anyone know what the usual max amount is before they process the card?

One more question, we added the dining plan. Do they charge that immediately or at the end with everything else?

Thanks guys....sorry to ask what I'm sure is a redundant question. I just couldn't get the search feature to work today.

I don't know about the dining plan, but yes, you'll put a credit card on file and will be able to charge things to your room. IIRC, the limit is $1,500, but you can double-check that at check-in.

I've not used the dining plan, but my understanding is that it is charged at check-in. I'm thinking it is probably a direct, immediate charge out and has no effect on your $1500 room charge limit, unless you decide to bill it to your room instead of a credit card (or pay cash). If you do reach your $1500 limit during your trip, simply call "0" from any WDW internal phone (all cash registers should have a house phone you can use for this, just ask). When you call, they will verify your balance, and give you the optionof charging it out. If you charge it out, your keys are immediately given a fresh $1500 limit.

I've also asked at check-in that if my limit was $1500.00 and I reach that limit to go ahead and charge the card and clear my bill automatically and that way I never have to worry about not being able to charge on my KEY card , I always stop by and get a copy of the charge sheet to verify charges later.

It doesn't really matter whether they charge the dining early or not. Basically when you hit $1500, they call you down to sign a credit card slip and you start all over again. I've done it many times while renting. I obviously spend way too much money down there, but then again, I do have little princess who just 'need' their disney stuff!!!!

You must book the dining plan 24 hours before arriving. Call now.

All the above is correct - your limit should be $1,500 and
the dining plan is charged to your card, as you check in. They have to know that you want to purchase the dining plan before you check in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter