Can we walk to this grocery store?

chihiro

Earning My Ears
:wave:

Going to WDW in a few weeks and trying to get all my info before going. Hubby and I don't drive so won't be renting a car. We've booked a room at the Comfort Suites Maingate East.

We will want to go to a grocery store during our stay so that we don't always have to go out for dinner and to stock up on snacks etc.

After a bit of searching on the net we've found a Publix that seems ok for us to walk to (under a mile).Now here is the question. Is this route walkable? http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...&2a=2925+International+Dr+&2c=&2s=FL&2z=34746 I am not sure what the roads are like in this area. Would we able to get there on foot or is it best to get a taxi? (in case the link doesn't work it's from the Comfort Suites Maingate East to International Drive.)

Or should we just forget about Publix and go to the big Walmart on Vineland Road?

We know Old Towne is just around the corner from the CSME...are there buses that go to Walmart from there? Or would you know of somewhere where we could catch one?

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

If you don't get a response here, I'm sure you could call the hotel and speak to the desk clerk. They should be familiar enough with the area to tell you whether or not a walk is feasable.

http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/map/map4/kiss192map4.htm#mm9

This may give you a better idea of whether you can walk it...most of the road has "collector roads" along it...kind of little links from parking lot to parking lot...but it isn't all the way along...

How are you getting from the airport to your hotel? If you use a town car service, you can get a 30 minute grocery stop...:)

:sunny:

Thanks mbb you rock :love2: That map is really useful!

We've booked a package that includes shuttle to the hotel (we're in the UK).

Tlbwriter that is a good idea...I might give them a call to see if they know.

Thank you both for your help :sunny:

You're welcome:)

Have a great trip!!

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter