Can we use resirt bus before checking in?

Teachin5th

Earning My Ears
We are arriving to Orlando late at night, so we decided to just get a standard off site hotel room. We want to hit MK bright and early the next morning. I hear parking with your own car and getting to the gate is a pain. Can we go to the resort early and use their transportation? Or should we just drive?

You can go to the resort and check in as early as you like even if a room is not ready....it only takes a few minutes...they will give you your parking pass and room keys...and you can head off to the park using the bus.. They can text or call you when room is ready and they can store your luggage till you get back. Much easier to just go ahead and check in and use the bus than to drive there. Besides if you don't check in ahead of time...you have to pay to park.

Disney transportation is there for anybody doing anything at Disney so even if you're staying offsite you can use them to go anywhere on the property.However parking at a resort to use the buses to go to the parks is a big No-No except in your situation since you're checking into your hotel that day,in that situation it's fine.

Are you staying on-site after your off-site first night? In that case, go to the resort early the next a.m. They will have your reservation name at the gate and confirm with your ID. You can check in at 7am, possibly earlier. At check-in, you will get your KTTW card with dining credits and tickets, if you selected those features. Also you will get your car parking pass. You can leave your luggage with bell services. You will probably not get your room number that early. After check-in, get on the resort bus to MK. They should start at least one hour before park opening. Park brochures, current event schedules, etc., are available self-serve at the Concierge desk. Hot breakfast will start at 7am in the food court.

You will get a text/phone message later, indicating what room number you are assigned. When you receive your room number, since you will already have your KTTW cards, you can go directly to your room at any time. Call for your luggage when you get to your room. Disney's got it all figured out for you. Enjoy your stay!

Yes, you can use the resort bus as PPs have said. However, I've never seen the big deal about driving to MK, especially if you arrive early. If early you can walk to monorail and hop a ride to MK. I guess you'd have to pay for parking. I wonder if you could show them your reservation info to get free parking??

Using the resort transportation will be no problem. What might be a problem is parking at the resort: they might tow you if you don't have a guest parking pass. So, it might be worth it to get there 5 or 10 minutes earlier to check in and get your parking pass (don't even worry about moving your stuff into the room, which won't be ready yet).

We have checked in as early as 7:00am and the room was ready. Of course that is not the normal case but ASK. CSR is great about having rooms ready early. You may need however to be willing to take whatever room that have ready in your category. Last trip we checked in at 7:00am at
CSR after a bad experience of using an off site room that night and the CM felt sorry for us. Upgraded up to preferred, water view and had us in the room, luggage in the room and in the parks by 8:30. SOOO wonderful.

We lucked out last year too, got to the POFQ early, the room was ready (my guess because we had called ahead to request no feathers), and we were in the parks by 10ish (we didn't get to POFQ TOO early, but we had been off site the night before)

We have checked in as early as 7:00am and the room was ready. Of course that is not the normal case but ASK. CSR is great about having rooms ready early. You may need however to be willing to take whatever room that have ready in your category. Last trip we checked in at 7:00am at
CSR after a bad experience of using an off site room that night and the CM felt sorry for us. Upgraded up to preferred, water view and had us in the room, luggage in the room and in the parks by 8:30. SOOO wonderful.

Whether or not a room is ready solely depends on occupancy the night before. If they are near capacity the night before and check out time is 11am, I wouldn't expect your room to turnover until closer to 3pm.

Also agree about checking in ahead of time to save yourself the hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!