Can we upgrade to Club Level at check in with an AP rate?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
I have heard others have been offered a club level rate when they check in and just curious if this is also offered to those who reserve with an Annual Pass? This is for PBH and I do see Club Level rate is still available. TIA

Having an AP won`t make a difference.

If they have availability then you can ask to upgrade. But they don't always have availability, so if you want Club Level I`d book it while it`s there :thumbsup2

It will be hit or miss - when you get that it is usually access to the club lounge and not a club room.
Ive asked a few times at RPR and only one time was it actually available and it was for access - not a club level room - that was $100 per night

If they have availability, yes. Availability is NOT an absolute. And just one day of no availability during the stay will make them say “no”.

It will be hit or miss - when you get that it is usually access to the club lounge and not a club room.
Ive asked a few times at RPR and only one time was it actually available and it was for access - not a club level room - that was $100 per night
What is the difference between a CL room and non? I thought the rooms were the same? Aside from being on a different floor. We haven’t stayed in CL at Universal, but have in WDW and some of their CLs have rooms on different floor like GF, and AKL.

What is the difference between a CL room and non? I thought the rooms were the same? Aside from being on a different floor. We haven’t stayed in CL at Universal, but have in WDW and some of their CLs have rooms on different floor like GF, and AKL.

Rooms are all the same Sue.

Most are on the 7th floor and are all sorts of categories.....you are just usually assigned 7th floor with Club Level.

We are always on the 6th floor, same selection of rooms......no size difference in any way.

I’ve never heard of anyone being granted access to the Lounge without having booked a room.

Rooms are pretty much the same - you might get some extras like a robe or better toiletries (Not really sure as it's been a while)
But the time I paid for access - I was not in the same building - you really want to be in the same building - if not on the 7th floor - it's just more convenient.
Also you are not guaranteed a pool\park view room - you might have a view of I4
This was RPR - so PBH may be a totally different setup.

If you want club you should really book it in advance.

Rooms are pretty much the same - you might get some extras like a robe or better toiletries (Not really sure as it's been a while)
But the time I paid for access - I was not in the same building - you really want to be in the same building - if not on the 7th floor - it's just more convenient.
Also you are not guaranteed a pool\park view room - you might have a view of I4
This was RPR - so PBH may be a totally different setup.

Toiletries are exactly the same as are the rooms.....you do get robes and turn down service, well we always have.......even when we had the Presidential suite and hospitality suites, same toiletries.

I couldn’t remember who said they had access to the lounge only......I’ve honestly never heard of that! Had no idea they ever offered it.......do they still do it?

We still had Club Access when we were very kindly offered the chance to move to a revamped room when T1 had been completed and T3 hadn’t. It only takes a few moments to get over to the lounge.

You can have Club added to any room in the hotel if it’s available, but, yes usually you’re in T3.

Last edited:
PBH have different club level rooms, they are the deluxe rooms which have a larger bathroom with a separate shower and large tub. I think you may be able to add club level to a standard room but not sure.

PBH have different club level rooms, they are the deluxe rooms which have a larger bathroom with a separate shower and large tub. I think you may be able to add club level to a standard room but not sure.

You can add Club over at PB to any room......again, if available.......:thumbsup2

Oh those deluxe rooms at PBH are so nice. We had one for our stay.

So I am struggling with doing club level for our February trip @ PBH. We went for 5 nights in June 2018 and loved club level. The mid day breaks in the heat and the cold bottled water & snacks available all day was a blessing for this family of 5 who drink about 5-6 bottles a day each in the Florida sun.
My DH and little kids loved the breakfast and I the evening happy hour :) However with short park hours, not 100% sure we would hit the mid day snacks or evening hour with drinks and light menu. Anyone who has visited in February could offer any feedback?

We've been to Universal many a late January/early February. I personally still like the club level. Even with shorter hours, I still find we'll head over to the lounge before dinner. Depending on what they have and what everyone's level of "hunger" is, that might be more than enough for us (and saving us from spending a bunch on overeating or over paying at dinner.) And I get a lot of benefits in the mornings. I tend to get up before the rest of the family. So I'll get up and head over to the lounge to sit, read the paper, have a few nice cups of tea, and so on while waiting for everyone else to wake up and get ready for the day. It is a nice way to start the day for me. Then we'll all have breakfast and head over to the parks. :)

And of course the kids have to stop by there later in the evening to get some desserts. So while I tend to agree, we usually don't need as many bottles of water throughout the day compared to summer days, there are still a lot of other benefits (at least for us.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter