Can we have company over?

lorenni

DIS Veteran
We'll be at AKV for my sons second birthday later this year. Most of my family will be staying there as well. We are hoping to do a cook out one evening and have a little birthday party. Are we able to invite friends of ours who are local? Can they join us for dinner either in our villa or at the barbecue pavilion? How about swimming? It's one family - 4 to 6 people would join us.

And on that note - my friends son has EB. EB is a genetic disorder and is not contagious (which I feel like I shouldn't even have to say but sometimes people just don't get that) but he will have broken skin. Will the pool or the toddler sprinkler area be off limits for him? He is also 2.

I've asked the resort for a guest parking pass for a day guest, so thats OK.

The pool is only for resort guests (or allowed DVC members pool hopping)

If the BBQ pavilion at Kidani is across the parking lot, (sorry i forgot) you are probably OK if the front desk approves.

The only way they will be able to use the pools is if you are able to add them onto your reservation. When we stayed at the THV (4 of us, occupancy of 9 allowed) we added my sister and BIL to our reservation so they could use the pools with us. If you have say a 2bdrm but only 4 people staying there, you could do that. But if you are at your occupancy limit, then unfortunately no, they cannot use the pools. Also, pool hopping is never allowed at AKV even for DVC members, so if you have family staying at other resorts, they will not be allowed to use the pools at AKV either.

Your friends can certainly join you for dinner.

Thanks - we're all at AKV so that's not an issue. We'll stick to the barbecue pavilion or our villa for the birthday dinner.

The only way they will be able to use the pools is if you are able to add them onto your reservation. When we stayed at the THV (4 of us, occupancy of 9 allowed) we added my sister and BIL to our reservation so they could use the pools with us. If you have say a 2bdrm but only 4 people staying there, you could do that. But if you are at your occupancy limit, then unfortunately no, they cannot use the pools. Also, pool hopping is never allowed at AKV even for DVC members, so if you have family staying at other resorts, they will not be allowed to use the pools at AKV either.

Your friends can certainly join you for dinner.

I have had family and friends over for the day and they were allowed to enjoy the pools at OKW, AKL, BWV, & SSR.
First talk with a CM at the pool, if the pool area is not that busy, they allowed us to bring in day guests to the pool. Do NOT just go and enjoy the pool without first talking with a CM.

I have had family and friends over for the day and they were allowed to enjoy the pools at OKW, AKL, BWV, & SSR.
First talk with a CM at the pool, if the pool area is not that busy, they allowed us to bring in day guests to the pool. Do NOT just go and enjoy the pool without first talking with a CM.

Should you be talking to the front desk, not a life guard?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter