Can we get back in?

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
We will be goin to HS Saturday, September 7-NOT for GE. We have ADR for noon at Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic package, hope to leave after that to return later in the day for Fantasmic and hopefull some FP's we will get for evening hours. If we leave, and park reaches capacity, will they even let us come back in? We are staying onsight, and some of our party are AP's.

That piece of this really stinks. Who would have thought you'd have to worry about capacity the first week of September!

It would have to go all the way to phase 4 for you to be blocked out. That's the last level. I would monitor the week before you come and see if the park reaches any phase capacity
I imagine there will be posts on this board if that is the case? I will be able to monitor just by checking DIS boards? I LOVE these boards-they have beem monumental in helping me have better WDW experiences!

Let's think of the size of GE versus the size of DHS. GE is probably what 15% total park size? I hope they intelligently handle the wait to get into GE so that it doesn't affect the rest DHS negatively. If a person is coming for GE and absolutely won't get in to GE that day, I hope Disney is smart enough to provide that info so the guests can make an informed decisions and come back another day or go to another park.

If they don't Im just envisioning thousands of angry Star Wars fans aimlessly wandering DHS just to kill time before they can(or can't) get in GE. Or maybe they'll be a giant standby line to get into GE and the crowds will be there? Who knows.

I know one thing, the Muppet 4D movie is getting ready to get A LOT more popular.

Let's think of the size of GE versus the size of DHS. GE is probably what 15% total park size? I hope they intelligently handle the wait to get into GE so that it doesn't affect the rest DHS negatively. If a person is coming for GE and absolutely won't get in to GE that day, I hope Disney is smart enough to provide that info so the guests can make an informed decisions and come back another day or go to another park.

If they don't Im just envisioning thousands of angry Star Wars fans aimlessly wandering DHS just to kill time before they can(or can't) get in GE. Or maybe they'll be a giant standby line to get into GE and the crowds will be there? Who knows.

I know one thing, the Muppet 4D movie is getting ready to get A LOT more popular.

And Baseline Taphouse will be going through a lot more beer given their proximity to the entrance to GE

I imagine there will be posts on this board if that is the case? I will be able to monitor just by checking DIS boards? I LOVE these boards-they have beem monumental in helping me have better WDW experiences!
yes you will see info here and on other disney boards.

I'm looking at it that it would be more like what happened at AK with Pandora, don't y'all?
Where AK was fine, and just Pandora reached capacity
So if someone is heading to HS just for GE, they can make the choice to enter HS and wait to get in GE or wait to go to HS another day, when they know they can get in GE for certain

I'm looking at it that it would be more like what happened at AK with Pandora, don't y'all?
So if someone is heading to HS just for GE, they can make the choice to enter HS and wait to get in GE or wait to go to HS another day, when they know they can get in GE for certain

That’s certainly my hope! But I think what has everyone freaked is the Starwars fan base is so massive. Touring Plans posted something similar to what you wrote, and while Pandora is a cool cool land fore sure, Avatar doesn’t really have a following. So people at Pandora opening were probably just theme park fans wanting to see the best new thing Disney had to offer. I just fear that with the Starwars fan base it’s going to be an entirely different level of crazy.

That’s certainly my hope! But I think what has everyone freaked is the Starwars fan base is so massive. Touring Plans posted something similar to what you wrote, and while Pandora is a cool cool land fore sure, Avatar doesn’t really have a following. So people at Pandora opening were probably just theme park fans wanting to see the best new thing Disney had to offer. I just fear that with the Starwars fan base it’s going to be an entirely different level of crazy.
True, I'm sure that is no questionably true. I experienced the craziness that was SWW. I do think the 29th could ready capacity for the entire park.

not sure but I think AK is much larger the HS. I can see GE closing to capacity very soon after the park opens and then I can see the rest of the park closing. OP I would keep a very close eye on the MDE and here for any closer that might happen

not sure but I think AK is much larger the HS. I can see GE closing to capacity very soon after the park opens and then I can see the rest of the park closing. OP I would keep a very close eye on the MDE and here for any closer that might happen
AK is for certain much larger then HS, comparing acre by acre.
But, not sure comparing guest area by guest area. Though maybe they count the entire park area when they compute capacity. I've never thought about it before

It's possible that they could make people waiting to get into SWGE wait outside the park in a line. That could help with crowds in the rest of the park. However, it might create a bit of a mob mentality outside in the line.

Hey Angi! :wave2:

I don't think it would be the same. The fan base that Star Wars has compared to Avatar is tremendous! Avatar...a few hundred....Star Wars a few 1000? :scared1: I mean my numbers are nowhere near close, but I can't imagine HS would be anything like AK was for Pandora. Now I wasn't there, so I can't speak first hand. I'm only basing this off the things I've read from SW fans and what I've read online. You type SW in on Google and you get many more hits than you do on Avatar. Am I making sense? Would that SW fan wait to enter HS to see GE...for sure! But how many of those fans would you have waiting outside HS to do that? I can imagine that would be crazy at some point! :earseek:

AK does have more space for people to go though. DHS is a smaller park. I also think the demand right away will be greater for SWGE than it was for pandora due to the IP.

It's possible that they could make people waiting to get into SWGE wait outside the park in a line. That could help with crowds in the rest of the park. However, it might create a bit of a mob mentality outside in the line.
it would be possible and very simple. Wristband people in line outside the entrance with numbers. CM on the radio gets the go ahead to allow 20 people in, wristband people go in by 20. CM at the entrance to SWGE checks wristband numbers to allow the correct people in....when you are in this sort of line it creates a sense of community with your fellow line neighbors, everyone would be aware who is in front and behind them, I mean we will be spending several hours knowing each other :)

it would be possible and very simple. Wristband people in line outside the entrance with numbers. CM on the radio gets the go ahead to allow 20 people in, wristband people go in by 20. CM at the entrance to SWGE checks wristband numbers to allow the correct people in....when you are in this sort of line it creates a sense of community with your fellow line neighbors, everyone would be aware who is in front and behind them, I mean we will be spending several hours knowing each other :)
Good thoughts. They have lots of practice on various types of controlled access methods from SWW. Any of those would work for GE. I'm sure they are doing brainstorming sessions of many possibilities. Heck, even something similar to the method used for candy canes at DL would work.

I think another question goes back again to something that happened during SWW, how early will folks be camping out?

Good thoughts. They have lots of practice on various types of controlled access methods from SWW. Any of those would work for GE. I'm sure they are doing brainstorming sessions of many possibilities. Heck, even something similar to the method used for candy canes at DL would work.

I think another question goes back again to something that happened during SWW, how early will folks be camping out?
if allowed? days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!