Can we do universal studios Hollywood in one 9 hour day?

beckyc1980

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! We've decided to include a stop at universal on our way to Disneyland this year. The day we're looking at (May 14th) the park hours are 9-6. Will we be able to see everything in that amount of time? My husband and I haven't been there since the 90's and the kids have never so everything there is new to us.

We bought annual passes at Costco so I'm wondering if it would be better to do two days. The only negative to that would be paying for an extra hotel night. Oh and we're doing 3 days at Disney after that.

Thoughts?

Are you talking about Universal Studios Hollywood? If so, then yes.

Do everything in both parks? No. You definitely could walk through both parks and do the most important rides/shows/eats that your family wants to do. Take a look at the Universal website and make a list of "Must" and "Would Like To". We can help you get a plan together to maximize your time. That being said, I personally would recommend 2 days, but then again, I'm the type to recommend 5 days for Universal :)

Edit: Oops, I missed the Disneyland part.

Do everything in both parks? No. You definitely could walk through both parks and do the most important rides/shows/eats that your family wants to do. Take a look at the Universal website and make a list of "Must" and "Would Like To". We can help you get a plan together to maximize your time. That being said, I personally would recommend 2 days, but then again, I'm the type to recommend 5 days for Universal :)

Edit: Oops, I missed the Disneyland part.
Wait is Universal Studios two parks now???

Orlando is two parks, that's where the majority of us go.

Op
You need to check out the Disneyland forums

Look at California & the West

It is the second section in that forum
You should be able to find info there for universal Hollywood

This forum is for UO in Florida

But in the meantime, yes you probably could. Careful planning for the shows would be needed an incredible day could be had with the VIP tour there.

Alas the socal forum is a mishmash of sometimes forgotten questions so the info there isn't necessarily as awesome as it is here.

Hi everyone! We've decided to include a stop at universal on our way to Disneyland this year. The day we're looking at (May 14th) the park hours are 9-6. Will we be able to see everything in that amount of time? My husband and I haven't been there since the 90's and the kids have never so everything there is new to us.

We bought annual passes at Costco so I'm wondering if it would be better to do two days. The only negative to that would be paying for an extra hotel night. Oh and we're doing 3 days at Disney after that.

Thoughts?

We went that same week in May last year and did Universal in one day on a Sunday. We upgraded to the front of the line passes and we rode every ride once plus watched the 3 main shows.

Go to the lower lot first thing! I heard this advice everywhere, they even say it on the maps they give out at the entrance so I was afraid everyone would be down there. Nope! Walked right on Jurassic Park, waited less than 10 min on Transformers. We didn't even use our front of the line passes until later because it was empty down there in the morning.

We went that same week in May last year and did Universal in one day on a Sunday. We upgraded to the front of the line passes and we rode every ride once plus watched the 3 main shows.

Go to the lower lot first thing! I heard this advice everywhere, they even say it on the maps they give out at the entrance so I was afraid everyone would be down there. Nope! Walked right on Jurassic Park, waited less than 10 min on Transformers. We didn't even use our front of the line passes until later because it was empty down there in the morning.
I wish we could afford the front of the line passes but we already spending so much this year since we're also doing 4 days at Disney. Unfortunately we'll have to wait in the lines. :(

I wish we could afford the front of the line passes but we already spending so much this year since we're also doing 4 days at Disney. Unfortunately we'll have to wait in the lines. :(

From what I have read, you can do universal Hollywood in a day
If you go in a less crowded period, should be no problem

Totally understandable. You probably won't have time to do everything though. Just pick a few must dos and make sure you get those out of the way first. Honestly I found a lot of the rides to be quite similar to each other. They're mostly 3D type rides. I'd probably skip Shrek,The Simpsons, the animal actor show, & the special effects show. Those weren't very exciting to me. But I guess it depends if you have little kids going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter